SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Faction members being capped?

Go down 
+13
Childflayer
Fire_unknown
Textus
skelly
LaserLag
Biionic
rocketeer55
ethanroxx
ShaunDepro
naruto85
lucasmetcalfe
pandabear135
Niner256
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Laser extend the amount of Capped members?
Yes
Faction members being capped? I_vote_lcap50%Faction members being capped? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
No
Faction members being capped? I_vote_lcap39%Faction members being capped? I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Maybe Later
Faction members being capped? I_vote_lcap11%Faction members being capped? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

Faction members being capped? Empty
PostSubject: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

What do you think about this new rule of caption members being capped? I think 15 members is to low. Maybe 20 or 25. What do you guys think?

-Niner256
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't think there should be a faction cap. That's completly random, pointless, and stupid. If anything, I think a faction cap should be implimented at the map reset, to do so now is rude to the factions that already have a lot of claimed land.
Back to top Go down
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Meh I understand both sides of laser and panda. But noone cares about lots of people in a faction they would just make (for example) Evolve2 etc,
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm

That's always a possibility Lucas, but then the people in Evolve2 wouldn't have the ablility to build or destroey in Evolve1's base. So many disadvantages would come from this. It doesn't even make sense to me why Laser is doing this, I don't see a reason or an advantage from him doing so xD
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:28 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
I don't see a reason or an advantage from him doing so xD

People in factions with ton of members dont even need to care about power. They have so many alts and other members in their faction that their faction power is always over 100 even when they're at -10/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:17 pm

naruto85 wrote:
pandabear135 wrote:
I don't see a reason or an advantage from him doing so xD

People in factions with ton of members dont even need to care about power. They have so many alts and other members in their faction that their faction power is always over 100 even when they're at -10/10
That's the main reason.

I personally would prefer no cap. A cap would anger more factions inviting people, then people joining a server with OP factions.
Back to top Go down
ethanroxx
Iron
ethanroxx

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 pm

i think that this cap would help the server raid the big factions (rockholder) (Evolve)
Because they have 200+ power and its unfair for them too have -10 power and not get raided. There should be consequences for having -10 power -.- and the owners dont care.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:46 pm

MY OPINION TIME Very Happy
I think the cap should be raised to 20
Also players' max power should be raised to about 15, to make up for total power lost from less members.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:12 am

Or, *brilliant idea*.

Put the limit to 30 or so, but make it so players have a maximum of 5 power :3
So, for example; you have 10 members, that would be 50 power max, so 50 claimed land, but a single player can only go down to -5, so if one person is killed a lot, the current power would be 40.

If that's hard to understand I mean like;

Instead of limiting members, and keeping a good amount of power per individual, have it so members aren't limited, so the faction can grow as large as it can, but each individual has to CARE for their power (Ethan: "There should be consequences for having -10 power -.- and the owners dont care.").

At the moment a faction with an individual player (1 person, 10 power) can pretty much claim one whole side of spawn basically.
Back to top Go down
Biionic
Scrub
Biionic

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:49 am

I'd personally like to see the cap raised to 20. But I don't think it needs to be any higher than that. It's also to stop there being "Super Factions" with a ton of members- admittedly including Evolve. [Plus, remember Demons? xD]

I'm glad about this, because our faction numbers have increased so drastically recently, it makes me uncomfortable with so many members. But despite what people think- we actually have a LOT of actual members rather than alts. So a chunk of our members are getting cut- and we'll be in two factions.

I'm mostly just glad we have to clear out some people. <<;
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am

People brought up some decent points. I will wait until the map reset for the change. I will consider 20-25 for the cap.

Another idea to consider, instead of lowering the amount of total power per player, what if I set more power loss per death?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
skelly
Gold
skelly

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am

lucasmetcalfe wrote:
Meh I understand both sides of laser and panda. But noone cares about lots of people in a faction they would just make (for example) Evolve2 etc,

Except we would have a better name than Evolve2, obvs.

And we don't care about the alts. My issue with this is the active members. We have more than 15 active members, other than that I'm all for a cap. I wish the cap would be upped to 20. Otherwise we'll be losing active-loyal members.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 am

I posted the updated information on the SwaggerCraft home page. Check it out yall.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:53 am

LaserLag wrote:
Another idea to consider, instead of lowering the amount of total power per player, what if I set more power loss per death?

That would essentially be the same thing, but at the moment I think 10 claimed land per player is a bit too much. There are over 65k blocks in a chunk, and 10 claimed land is almost 1 million blocks owned by a single player, if you think about it. Now think of a faction with 20 members.

Maybe reduce max power to 5, and make it so you lose 1-2 power each death?

That way would work the same. I guess it could work well, as people need to be more careful, but the amount they can claim to start off with needs to be considered.
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:20 am

Make it so when you die, you spawn at your /f home! This would be so much easier for taking down big factions.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 am

Textus wrote:
Make it so when you die, you spawn at your /f home! This would be so much easier for taking down big factions.
I agree, but Laser has said before that if a hacker vclips into your f home you're pretty much screwed.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Factions   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
LaserLag wrote:

That would essentially be the same thing, but at the moment I think 10 claimed land per player is a bit too much. There are over 65k blocks in a chunk, and 10 claimed land is almost 1 million blocks owned by a single player, if you think about it. Now think of a faction with 20 members.

That way would work the same. I guess it could work well, as people need to be more careful, but the amount they can claim to start off with needs to be considered.

I dont like your idea. Big faction will be able to survive but how about if you're solo. You cant protect your base without having to worry about it being claim. Look at wyatt, He has 5 land claim and 10 power. He can aleast die 2 times trying to protect his base. This doesnt have to change. Many servers have 10 as max power and you lose 4 - 3 power and i dont like that. I cant build a big base. I remember johnjohn playing in a server where you lose 4 power. They had like 200 max power but then everyone died atleast twice and they got raided because someone claimed their base which was just about 4 land.
Back to top Go down
Childflayer
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am

I am quite in favor of a cap of 10-15. Any more than that and the power balance is a bit crazy. Not to pick on them, but Evolve has like 28 members, they could potentially claim 280 chunks of territory(As long as no one ever died Razz). I really don't think any single faction should be able to do that. If they wanted to, no matter the cap, they could just divide into sub-factions and function as a whole. This would mean, however, that they would need to be much more mindful of their deaths, and prevent people from pumping up factions with alts. I don't mind people having alts, but using them to buff your faction power seems like an exploitation of the Faction mod mechanics.
Back to top Go down
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 am

Well noone has moaned about this before so why dont you just leave it stop the arguements
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Textus wrote:

Lol this will never happen. You die once and you're screwed. Someone could just spawn camp you forever.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:51 pm

LaserLag wrote:
Textus wrote:

Lol this will never happen. You die once and you're screwed. Someone could just spawn camp you forever.

Well, you could log off xD
But still, I think that spawning at the spawn after you die makes more sense. Or you could set it to where you spawn at you /home, i've seen servers with that.
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 pm

LaserLag wrote:
Textus wrote:

I know you have told this to me like 5 times now Sad but I sill think it's fair. If you die and somebody is in your base then just log out. This way, you can't just camp at spawn and keep your power up while waiting for more members to get on and help you kill this raider.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
LaserLag wrote:

I dont like your idea. Big faction will be able to survive but how about if you're solo. You cant protect your base without having to worry about it being claim. Look at wyatt, He has 5 land claim and 10 power. He can aleast die 2 times trying to protect his base. This doesnt have to change. Many servers have 10 as max power and you lose 4 - 3 power and i dont like that. I cant build a big base. I remember johnjohn playing in a server where you lose 4 power. They had like 200 max power but then everyone died atleast twice and they got raided because someone claimed their base which was just about 4 land.

I think you didn't read the part where I mention people should only lose 1-2 power.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 am

LaserLag wrote:
People brought up some decent points. I will wait until the map reset for the change. I will consider 20-25 for the cap.

Increasing the amount of power lost on death doesn't solve the problem of too many players.. (Just because someone gets to -10 in 2 deaths, if they're the only one online and they have 20 more players power, they're still only reducing the total power of the faction by 20)

I have 2 thoughts on how to fix this, First of which.. Is increasing the rate at which people lose power while Also Increasing the negative cap to say -20.. This way, If someone dies too much, they instead lose their power, and counteract 2 additional players worth of power while also capping the amount of players at 20 per faction.. This way 5 players could effectively bring a 20 person faction to 0. Also, People would have to be much more careful about the amount of times they died, but.. it would make recovering from a full-death take much longer..

Second is having power decrease every day (or every other day) for everyone.. This would do two things.. First, players would have to log in daily.. or they'd start losing their land.. Second, People with many many alts inflating their power would have to log them on every day and play for a couple minutes with each to keep their land. Which would be a huge hassle.. (Also, inactive factions would lose power faster and their land would be able to be reclaimed a bit faster)

Side note: One of the main things that annoyed me was running around exploring at the map and a lot of the raidable bases were claimed and I never saw the people who owned them online.. And there wasn't really a timer or anything on when the faction would be disbanded.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 am

Just logging in wouldn't show someone is active on the server, maybe make it so you don't get up power by 'afking', so not by time, but by doing other things such as pvping for example, there could still be a very small time (like 1+ power every 1 hour), but getting up power shouldn't be an afk chore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faction members being capped?   Faction members being capped? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faction members being capped?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next