SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

glitches/faction raiding

Go down 
+3
Toxicity33
Mash_Tactics
ShaunDepro
7 posters
AuthorMessage

glitches/faction raiding Empty
PostSubject: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:08 am

there are soo many glitchs that have been in use over swaggers history many of them where good and helped to raid but now there are verry fue to use seeing as laser has banned them. with every body haveing obby base's theres no point in raiding any more tnt is usesless as of the obby bases so theres no point in even trying as the glitchs get patched more and more people get richer as they don't have there things taken from them they only ways you can get things form other factions is by getting someone to betray them, being there friend, buying there things off them or the worst idea hacking in to there base and takeing there things. now i dont think any of thoses are verry fun to bo honest now nerly every faction has diamonds or obby so theres no fun in going out and finding bases the only thing left to do is pvp or make things or grind i have been on swagger a verry long time i can't even remeber when i joined i have seen nerly all of the gliches get patched in the begining there where too many glitchs during the time of reads being overly priced and people farming them for lots of money there where not so many but it was a good mount to keep the faction raiding going. so whhat are the people of swagger doing now they cant raid on a raid server? i ask you that and no i am not asking you to disprove my statement i am asking you to help us find ways of raiding or keep some glitchs.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 am

glitches/faction raiding 20021223_05_mistake
Please don't hurt me.

I personally think it's more of a challenge, and challenges are fun. I managed to push a boat into a gap in bedrock under Evolve's base and I my faction just went to it and hopped in it and relogged to get into their vault upwards. They destroyed the boat, I don't know how they managed to find it but I have a new way to get in, too soon to reset I guess through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 am

yeah but its too hard to do things like that now dude seeing as people are getting richer then befor theres no point in raiding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 am

it makes it possibal for people to raid with the glitchs and more a challange for the people owning the bases makeing them glitch proof
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 am

dragok_tom wrote:
yeah but its too hard to do things like that now dude seeing as people are getting richer then befor theres no point in raiding
If the people you are raiding are rich, there is a point, no faction ever will last forever, they'll all have there downfall eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:17 am

thats the point that takes time and raiding is soopost to be as quickas possibal and i have been playing for a long time i have never had my fall down so you theory does not aplay for all factions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 am

sorry for the bad grammer my keybord is spazing out
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:49 am

Unfortunately, until Jeb implements something that can break Obsidian, Obsidian bases will be the irrefutable counter to raiding, and until x-rays and other such things are permanently blocked out, they will be the irrefutable counter to hiding your goodies.

All-in-all, there's not much we can do. The reason that glitching doesn't automatically land you a ban in my personal opinion, aside from the fact that it is so hard to prove, is because it's one of the only ways to raid a wealthy faction.

Unraidable factions aren't very fun, but again, not much we can do.
Back to top Go down
Toxicity33
Scrub
Toxicity33

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Allow the placement of lava and water in enemy faction territory. Water and lava placement can allow more possibilities in raiding the larger factions and their spawn base, and maybe the nub bases as well Very Happy

Having water placement in enemy territory:
-This can be used to scale tall obsidian towers, such as evolve's spawn base.
-Allows quick access to the top of base
-You can place water underneath a base, and glitch up by either setting your home in the water, or breaking the block where the water source was placed and glitching your head into it.
-You can destroy torches with water sources, allowing you plunge a base into total darkness. If Laser turns on creeper explosions, then it is possible to spawn a creeper inside a base and blow it up.

Having lava placement in enemy territory: (this will only work if laser re enables lava flow)
-Obviously, you can lava a faction's f home, forcing them to lose power if they decide to go to their base. Makes claiming a base over easier
-Tired of the noob bases that have a water curtain over them because they cant afford obsidian? Then turn that water into cobble! Very Happy You can just tnt the cobble, and there you go, you've raided a noob base!
-Using water to get to the top of a base, you can place lava on the roof. Having your home set in lava, and typing /home will glitch you down to the next airspace. Another way to get into a base without vclipping down.
-Allows major griefing of the more powerful factions. This can be a reward for getting into a base.

Of course, there are many ways to counter these raiding tactics, but I'll leave you to experiment to find out works best for you. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm

mash i am not saying let obby be weak so that you can tnt it i am saying thast the glitchs are what makes raiding fun i have been on loads of servers but none like swaggercraft but in the times where all the glitchs are patched theres no way of raiding i just think some of the glitchs should be aloud thats all.
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I agree with Tox, I used to play on a server that had that EXACT set up, and it was possible to raid anyone with some hard work and thinking.
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Textus wrote:
I agree with Tox, I used to play on a server that had that EXACT set up, and it was possible to raid anyone with some hard work and thinking.

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Toxicity33 wrote:
Allow the placement of lava and water in enemy faction territory. Water and lava placement can allow more possibilities in raiding the larger factions and their spawn base, and maybe the nub bases as well Very Happy

-You can place water underneath a base, and glitch up by either setting your home in the water, or breaking the block where the water source was placed and glitching your head into it.
-You can destroy torches with water sources, allowing you plunge a base into total darkness. If Laser turns on creeper explosions, then it is possible to spawn a creeper inside a base and blow it up.

Having lava placement in enemy territory: (this will only work if laser re enables lava flow)
-Obviously, you can lava a faction's f home, forcing them to lose power if they decide to go to their base. Makes claiming a base over easier
-Tired of the noob bases that have a water curtain over them because they cant afford obsidian? Then turn that water into cobble! Very Happy You can just tnt the cobble, and there you go, you've raided a noob base!
-Using water to get to the top of a base, you can place lava on the roof. Having your home set in lava, and typing /home will glitch you down to the next airspace. Another way to get into a base without vclipping down.
-Allows major griefing of the more powerful factions. This can be a reward for getting into a base.

Of course, there are many ways to counter these raiding tactics, but I'll leave you to experiment to find out works best for you. Smile

All I can picture is the whole map being flooded Razz "Griefers" just dumping water buckets from 256 height over other people's bases.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

LaserLag wrote:
Toxicity33 wrote:

All I can picture is the whole map being flooded Razz "Griefers" just dumping water buckets from 256 height over other people's bases.

I would do this ^
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

LaserLag wrote:
They can only flood one block in, as you can't place lava/water on lava/water, only on other blocks.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

ShaunDepro wrote:
LaserLag wrote:
They can only flood one block in, as you can't place lava/water on lava/water, only on other blocks.

Build a scaffold up in the air using lava flows and then hardening them (assuming lava would still flow)
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
LaserLag wrote:

And then afterwards the base would turn into a small, cobblestone building amongst a sea of lava.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 am

What about just water, lol?
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
What about just water, lol?

If we allowed Water placement on other factions' land, we would be seeing a recreation of Noah's ark within the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: glitches/faction raiding   glitches/faction raiding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

glitches/faction raiding
Page 1 of 1