SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Ideas to encourage pvp

Go down 
+3
MISTERbobPLOODY
Mash_Tactics
Joshua9911222
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua9911222
Scrub

Ideas to encourage pvp Empty
PostSubject: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey wazzup there are just some ideas to encourage pvp at spawn.
I will be listing them in order so here we go.

1. Make it so you have to go outside o f the spawn to warp. Only people who donate can warp inside spawn. This will encourage pvp because there are so many people who go to spawn then just sit at the boarder for 30 minuets or more, then warp away. This way we could make them just out, and someone could catch them off guard and start a fight. But this would also give another reason to donate, in case lets say you forgot your bow or arrows, if you donated you can warp back without a problem, while as a regular member would have to risk it to get it.

2. Make warps longer when in the presence of other people not on your faction. This way you could also eliminate the "wait 4 seconds to warp" thing. By this idea all warp would be instant unless you were within 20 or less blocks (this valuable can and would vary), and this would also encourage pvp at spawn, as it would help the first idea I had. People who donate could also be exempt from this rule if you so wish. This is my favorite suggestion because you really do not need to wait 4 seconds in the middle of no where to warp, seriously. (P.S. if someone was raiding you, you would spawn at spawn, so you would have to wait still)

3. Make homes un-settable in warzones, safezones do not matter because they have no purpose, but seriously guys, I just win an arena fight when 3 guys in prot 4 come from the exit and kill me. This is the most serious rule, and I have seen many members both suggest it and support it. This would also keep people from those stupid arena /sethomes which I mention previously, but this rule would DEFINITELY not be "donate and get away with it". It really needs to be done and there must be some way to do it, I know.

4. the final suggestion is for mcmmo caps on fighting only, I know lazer already made a post about this, but I definitely agree that swords and axes and unarmed at 1000 is super OP. Just cap it at around 600 would be good.

Thanks for all your time and please consider all my suggestions. If you think NONE of them would work PLEASSE tell me why, so I can live with the swagger the way it is now.

~joshua9911222
<3
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 pm

One thing people never understand when sending in feedback like this is how plugins actually work.

Most plugins aren't designed to work with each other. The plugin that we use for the different types of land is called Factions, and the plugin that's used for warping I believe is Essentials.

That being said, there are next to no configuration settings for inter-plugin activity. You can't change where people are allowed to warp based on faction land without having someone write an entirely new plugin that somehow incorporates the plugins together. The same would apply to having people not in your faction near you.

There may be a factions setting that allows homes to not be set in the warzone, but I'm not sure.

And we already have mcmmo caps on combat skills.

I believe 500 is the cap for all combat skills.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 am

k I understand, so how about the home setting?
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

Only archery is capped at 500. Axes are capped at 750.
No sword capping, ever. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 am

K after extensive (10 seconds) research I thought of this, why not just get a plugin that blocks warping alotgether in selected areas (like world edit) it would be easy cause the spawn is square. Then get a plugin that simply blocks all warps for a period of tme when next to anyone, even your own faction.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 am

Mash_Tactics wrote:
One thing people never understand when sending in feedback like this is how plugins actually work.

Most plugins aren't designed to work with each other. The plugin that we use for the different types of land is called Factions, and the plugin that's used for warping I believe is Essentials.

That being said, there are next to no configuration settings for inter-plugin activity. You can't change where people are allowed to warp based on faction land without having someone write an entirely new plugin that somehow incorporates the plugins together. The same would apply to having people not in your faction near you.

There may be a factions setting that allows homes to not be set in the warzone, but I'm not sure.

And we already have mcmmo caps on combat skills.

I believe 500 is the cap for all combat skills.
How can we sethome in ally territory but not enemy or neutral though? Warzones could be set to not allow home sets like enemy/neutral territories. I'm not sure how, but if that has been done I'm certain that changing it in warzones is an easy possibility.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 am

Joshua9911222 wrote:
K after extensive (10 seconds) research I thought of this, why not just get a plugin that blocks warping alotgether in selected areas (like world edit) it would be easy cause the spawn is square. Then get a plugin that simply blocks all warps for a period of tme when next to anyone, even your own faction.

Because up to date plugins of that variety and specificity don't exist.

You'd need to have someone custom-developed and maintained.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 pm

k I get it thanks for your consideration
Back to top Go down
skelly
Gold
skelly

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

A lot of it can't be done, but still...

I like this kid, someone give him a medal.

And Laser was thinking about holding a competition for a design of a new arena but it never happened. I think if we had an arena that was more interesting it might attract more people and force people to be some what strategic.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Told you he was cool last night, Didn't I? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 pm

skelly wrote:

And Laser was thinking about holding a competition for a design of a new arena but it never happened. I think if we had an arena that was more interesting it might attract more people and force people to be some what strategic.
\

Yea I would like for there to be like P v P in spawn but where they can't run.
I want to be able to hide and and jump through things not just P v P in a flat square bedrock building.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 pm

skelly wrote:

I feel so luved

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to encourage pvp   Ideas to encourage pvp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas to encourage pvp
Page 1 of 1