SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Server is almost dead

Go down 
+11
LaserLag
skelly
rocketeer55
Niner256
serin1
ShaunDepro
TrevIzSick
pandabear135
Mash_Tactics
Fire_unknown
lucasmetcalfe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

Server is almost dead Empty
PostSubject: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 am

I feel like the server is dead all I can do is PvP and raid like once a week. You need to add arenas like survival games, ctf, spleef, mob arena etc. So the server has more things to do.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:39 am

Lucas is right. There is barely any PvP and when there is people bring ALOT of potions. Most of the time im clean my base or just fishing. There is like nothing to do in this server and i also think it's dieing.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:49 pm

When we're down at 10-15 players during peak hours, I'll believe that the server is dying.

As it stands, peak hours puts as at around 80-100 players.

That being said, I would not be against adding new things... but we'd have to run it by Laser.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:15 pm

I think survival games would be cool to have. That's just a fun thing for players to do when they are bored. I think some things like Mob Arena and other games might be to difficult to manage and also, if they have rewards for winning, may be abused by players.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Exactly. Anything we add cannot have a reward, and must be purely for entertainment... unless the reward comes from the players, and is not generated by the server.
Back to top Go down
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 pm

We do need to add stuff but I highly doubt it will happen...
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:08 am

Make it so players lose money on death, and receive that money on kills? It stops people from just spam-unarming and rewards that players that actually do good, would get a lot of people pvping.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 am

Interesting idea...
I'm not sure how players would react to that change. If the owners actually consider adding that, a thread should be created for feedback of that idea.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
Exactly. Anything we add cannot have a reward, and must be purely for entertainment... unless the reward comes from the players, and is not generated by the server.

Mob arena at least, I know can be configured to cost money to play.. However, depending on how the arena's built.. I've seen people glitch it to throw the armor it spawns for you outside of the arena.. (so probably 4x block walls or a bedrock arena with a glass ceiling)

I've seen a few good layouts that worked well.. and you can set the rewards to be crap up to a maximum of say.. at round 25 you get a sum total of items that are worth a little bit more than you paid into it..

It would also help solve the problem of infinite resources == infinite money.

Another Idea would be having a daily/weekly/monthly raffle.. to get say.. a piece of god armor, or an unobtainable (usually) item (chainmail, emerald ore, chiseled stone brick, etc), maybe a god sword..

I've also seen slot machine setups etc..

But, The trick to eliminating boredom.. Is to sink money.. Force people's account balances to get as close as you can get them to 0.. That way, they have something to strive for.. and they have to sell off their shit-loads of extra supplies to gamble, or play games, or do other things..

Rich = bored
Poor = productive

Also, 1.3 is coming.. and I'd consider looking into how the trade system works and re-working your prices based on it.. (if you're going to release villager eggs) because it's going to throw your economy for a loop

Oh, one last thing.. If you can find a mod for a coin-toss game.. (that takes a cut for the house off the winnings) it would be by far.. one of the biggest money sinks out there.. Even if you only took 1% or even 0.1% (as long as the minimum bid was 1000)
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:04 pm

It would be cool if there were some way to edit villager trades in-game, I know you can do it in MCEdit.
Back to top Go down
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 am

It would be cool if Laser add a Hacker rank where you have been banned several times and you get the punishment of having that rank :3
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 am

serin1 wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:

Mob arena at least, I know can be configured to cost money to play.. However, depending on how the arena's built.. I've seen people glitch it to throw the armor it spawns for you outside of the arena.. (so probably 4x block walls or a bedrock arena with a glass ceiling)

I've seen a few good layouts that worked well.. and you can set the rewards to be crap up to a maximum of say.. at round 25 you get a sum total of items that are worth a little bit more than you paid into it..

It would also help solve the problem of infinite resources == infinite money.

Another Idea would be having a daily/weekly/monthly raffle.. to get say.. a piece of god armor, or an unobtainable (usually) item (chainmail, emerald ore, chiseled stone brick, etc), maybe a god sword..

I've also seen slot machine setups etc..

But, The trick to eliminating boredom.. Is to sink money.. Force people's account balances to get as close as you can get them to 0.. That way, they have something to strive for.. and they have to sell off their shit-loads of extra supplies to gamble, or play games, or do other things..

Rich = bored
Poor = productive

Also, 1.3 is coming.. and I'd consider looking into how the trade system works and re-working your prices based on it.. (if you're going to release villager eggs) because it's going to throw your economy for a loop

Oh, one last thing.. If you can find a mod for a coin-toss game.. (that takes a cut for the house off the winnings) it would be by far.. one of the biggest money sinks out there.. Even if you only took 1% or even 0.1% (as long as the minimum bid was 1000)
The Only problem with mob arena is, there are a shit ton of exploits, bugs, dupes etc with the plugin. So if people are smart enough, then it would fuck alot of the server up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 pm

i think it should be like the old days when laser had to up the limit to 125 becuase too many people wanted to join what was attracting people back then? yes alot of things have changed but i think one of the main thing is no one can raid as the servers so rich i dont think the solution is to rid the server of its riches but try to restore swagger to what it used to be like so people need to show others the server. we could even make our own youtube vids for swagger get famouse people to play on the server make things harder to find so people dont become as powerful as quickly
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:26 pm

The biggest problem is that it's way, way too easy to become unraidable.

Now, I'd like to do something about this. I really would. However, short of re-enabling lava flow, and taking away 80% of the obsidian that players have, there's not much that I can do.

And that's hardly fair to the people that earned their obsidian.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
The biggest problem is that it's way, way too easy to become unraidable.

Now, I'd like to do something about this. I really would. However, short of re-enabling lava flow, and taking away 80% of the obsidian that players have, there's not much that I can do.

And that's hardly fair to the people that earned their obsidian.

I think lava flow should be added but not able to make obby generators because that would make it easier for people to make obby and so we should be able to place water or lava in ally of enemy territory

Back to top Go down
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Restore all the maps and don't give them Virtual Chests. Restore Swagger would be a great idea. New start, but people who have been on would be bitching about everything. I have a lot of stuff, diamonds, obsidian, and I would give that up for a restore of the items and map. Just saying, it would be a great idea. Thanks tom for bringing it up!
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I would like to reset everything but the money i worked so hard to get money.
Back to top Go down
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

We can keep the money? Not that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Yea and also mcmmo
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:01 pm

TrevIzSick wrote:
Restore all the maps and don't give them Virtual Chests. Restore Swagger would be a great idea. New start, but people who have been on would be bitching about everything. I have a lot of stuff, diamonds, obsidian, and I would give that up for a restore of the items and map. Just saying, it would be a great idea. Thanks tom for bringing it up!

Please note: This is the suggestion that I made prior to the map reset, and all It got me was a flame war and a poll that overwhelmingly showed that people wanted to keep ALL their shit..

I will mention, however, that the poll would probably come out differently. Now that most of the big supporters are destitute due to being betrayed by one of their members.

If you really, REALLY, want to know why people have been fleeing the server? Take a look at chat for a while..

Watch some of the questions that come up from new players..

"Where do I go to build?"
"Is lava flow enabled on this server?"
"Is there a shop on this server?"

and look at some of the responses..

"..."
"Fucking noobs"
" " (no response whatsoever)

Even better is to watch some excerpts from chat.
"What a great server, Assholes killing new players right outside of spawn"

But, Seriously..

I know it's a raiding server, I know it's a griefing server..
But griefing/killing newbies the second they start building their little mud hut = easy way to chase off newbies.

Busting into said newbie's mud hut with vclip and stealing all their little stone/iron tools and their 3 diamonds = easy way to kill off a population.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm

In response to resetting all items: We simply cannot do it. It's not an option.

People paid real money for a lot of their items. We can't just take that away.

As for general attitude of the server population... there's not much I can do about that, either. The VAST majority of this server is between the ages of 12 and 15. Self-control isn't a widely-used tool at that age.

Until people actually grow up, they will continue to be complete asses.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
In response to resetting all items: We simply cannot do it. It's not an option.

People paid real money for a lot of their items. We can't just take that away.

As for general attitude of the server population... there's not much I can do about that, either. The VAST majority of this server is between the ages of 12 and 15. Self-control isn't a widely-used tool at that age.

Until people actually grow up, they will continue to be complete asses.

Im grown up bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 pm

in that case then reset the map at 1.3 but donators can take there things through and make people pay in game money for the transportation of there items and serin the reason noobs get killed or raided like that is becuase we dont have anything to tell them what to do we need more guides or a hallway that tells them what the servers like. or we can do something that grants them invincabilaty for like one hour or something like that and yes whilst its true that most people on the server are between 12 and 15 if they had a role moddle to look up to and help to have some self controll then maby they would start to listen like when mash and laser used to come on all the time and be friendly with the members and help the people that need help, you guys dont come on the server any more you should start raiding and fighting like the members and yes some will bitch that your the admins and you have op skills but reset your skills to 0 and grind or something like that and join in you'll find that people look up to you and will listen to you and then you can witness first hand the problems the server faces and deal with them aswell as haveing fun.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm

dragok_tom wrote:
in that case then reset the map at 1.3 but donators can take there things through and make people pay in game money for the transportation of there items

Then... virtually nothing will change.

Donators will once again have a monumental advantage, and be virtually unraidable. The only thing this will do is cause non-donators to leave the server.

dragok_tom wrote:
and serin the reason noobs get killed or raided like that is becuase we dont have anything to tell them what to do we need more guides or a hallway that tells them what the servers like. or we can do something that grants them invincabilaty for like one hour or something like that

We have a large amount of signs scattered around spawn that give people the gist of what to do. After that, it's up to you guys to tell them what to do; a job that most of you are doing very, very poorly.

dragok_tom wrote:
and yes whilst its true that most people on the server are between 12 and 15 if they had a role moddle to look up to and help to have some self controll then maby they would start to listen like when mash and laser used to come on all the time and be friendly with the members and help the people that need help, you guys dont come on the server any more you should start raiding and fighting like the members and yes some will bitch that your the admins and you have op skills but reset your skills to 0 and grind or something like that and join in you'll find that people look up to you and will listen to you and then you can witness first hand the problems the server faces and deal with them aswell as haveing fun.

Have you ever been the admin on a server before?

Day in and day out ALL that me and Laser would deal with is the bitching and moaning of the general population.

"Laser! Mash! The server is lagging! Do something, you dummies!"
"Laser! Mash! The server isn't lagging anymore, but you turned mob spawns down!"
"Laser! Mash! You turned mob spawns back up, but now the server is lagging again!"
"Laser! Mash! Can't you make up your minds about anything!?"
"Laser! Mash! You unclaimed our factions land!"
"Laser! Mash! You didn't ban the guy who ACTUALLY unclaimed our faction's land!"

Whine, whine, moan, moan QQQ. That's all we hear. All fucking day long.

There is a reason we only go on so much.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
dragok_tom wrote:
in that case then reset the map at 1.3 but donators can take there things through and make people pay in game money for the transportation of there items

Then... virtually nothing will change.

Donators will once again have a monumental advantage, and be virtually unraidable. The only thing this will do is cause non-donators to leave the server.

dragok_tom wrote:
and serin the reason noobs get killed or raided like that is becuase we dont have anything to tell them what to do we need more guides or a hallway that tells them what the servers like. or we can do something that grants them invincabilaty for like one hour or something like that

We have a large amount of signs scattered around spawn that give people the gist of what to do. After that, it's up to you guys to tell them what to do; a job that most of you are doing very, very poorly.

dragok_tom wrote:
and yes whilst its true that most people on the server are between 12 and 15 if they had a role moddle to look up to and help to have some self controll then maby they would start to listen like when mash and laser used to come on all the time and be friendly with the members and help the people that need help, you guys dont come on the server any more you should start raiding and fighting like the members and yes some will bitch that your the admins and you have op skills but reset your skills to 0 and grind or something like that and join in you'll find that people look up to you and will listen to you and then you can witness first hand the problems the server faces and deal with them aswell as haveing fun.

Have you ever been the admin on a server before?

Day in and day out ALL that me and Laser would deal with is the bitching and moaning of the general population.

"Laser! Mash! The server is lagging! Do something, you dummies!"
"Laser! Mash! The server isn't lagging anymore, but you turned mob spawns down!"
"Laser! Mash! You turned mob spawns back up, but now the server is lagging again!"
"Laser! Mash! Can't you make up your minds about anything!?"
"Laser! Mash! You unclaimed our factions land!"
"Laser! Mash! You didn't ban the guy who ACTUALLY unclaimed our faction's land!"

Whine, whine, moan, moan QQQ. That's all we hear. All fucking day long.

There is a reason we only go on so much.

Well i hate servers with alot of signs. Most it not all of the time i just walk by the rules and ignoring them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server is almost dead   Server is almost dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server is almost dead
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next