SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

mcMMO feedback.

Go down 
+22
rocketeer55
pogdoo
MISTERbobPLOODY
skelly
Niner256
huntfirerun08
serin1
samsizzle
mortomax
Uaint
SamBrears
EMG_81
lucasmetcalfe
pandabear135
kyle8800
IWreck
ShaunDepro
abcdefgih9
Fire_unknown
G4ssy
GetKnifed808
LaserLag
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SamBrears
Scrub
SamBrears

mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:48 pm

No......... my 1054 sword levels Sad . From what I have seen archery needs to get capped at 600 but all other levels seem good to me. Capping Levels/ Nerfing puts off Hardcore players.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Mcmmo   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Yea since Iron grip was put in I've only been disarmed about 5 times. And panda is right. Stats dont really matter but archery IS WAY op. 1 hit kill with lvl 800 archery and power IV bow EVEN power I. I think that ONLY archery should be cap. Laser barely no on has complained about mcmmo intill Lejanar got 1000 bow and 1 hit killed people. Then EVERYONE started to raise their archery. Laser i could have lvl 1000 archery and no armor and a normal bow and get diamond armor easy.
Back to top Go down
Uaint
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Uaint Here with some bad ass Archery lvls. . . .
Make mcmmo Cap 1000 for combat. maybe 1200
The other stuff i dont really know maybe 2k for the other stuff
You want people to work for their skills
Archery is a bit op when you know how to shoot. For those of them who are pissed about it, learn how to dodge arrows... with your mouse and directional keys. Dont run straight towards someone with a bow. plain and simple.
I think it should be a little op since its the hardest combat skill to use...
Its not just click click click
Prot 4 armor should last longer against axes

Back to top Go down
Uaint
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
Yea since Iron grip was put in I've only been disarmed about 5 times. And panda is right. Stats dont really matter but archery IS WAY op. 1 hit kill with lvl 800 archery and power IV bow EVEN power I. I think that ONLY archery should be cap. Laser barely no on has complained about mcmmo intill Lejanar got 1000 bow and 1 hit killed people. Then EVERYONE started to raise their archery. Laser i could have lvl 1000 archery and no armor and a normal bow and get diamond armor easy.

No he couldnt laser. He sucks at shooting
Coming from the person who runs around naked trying to disarm people
I think its bad ass to one shot no armor noobs.
This is an easy fix . . Dont fight Lej with regular armor go enchant you some prot 1 or 2 and you can take 4 or 5 hits from Lej .. Bring poison pots and have a flame sword he hates those.

Everyone pvps differently theres always a way to beat someone
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Mcmmo   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

I f you havent noticed but im the second highest unarm. I have 44% chance of arrow defect. Its harder to kill me ask kitty and some other people.
Back to top Go down
mortomax
Scrub

PostSubject: mcmmo stats   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 am

I dont think that anything should be done to the mcmmo skills because it would make days that have been used to level up our mccmo useless. For some of the people that have high mcmmo skills it is becuase they earned it. I am talking about higher than 500 like around 500+. The reasons that they have gotten these skills is because they have sat in a grinder or have ran around killing monsters on end putting in the effort. If everyone really wanted too then they could have high mcmmo skills they are just too lazy to work for them..that is just my opinion. XD
Back to top Go down
samsizzle
Iron
samsizzle

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 am

honestly I think its time for an MCMMO overhaul. The biggest thing I'd like to see changed is the whole pay to win aspect of pvp. MCMMO as it is on swaggercraft is extremely unbalanced in a way that isn't fun at all for casual players. The way it is now MCMMO dominates pvp when what it should really be doing is just complimenting it. If I were you, Laser, I would eliminate donating for skills completely. I'm fine with donors having a larger selection of commands/a title, but donating should not affect the outcome of pvp in the big way that it does.

To put it simply, what I would like to see is; a cap on certain skills and no option to donate for skills. Also, if these changes come into place, it'd be best if everyone started from 0. I know it might be harsh for people that grinded their way to the top, but all in all it would be the fairest way to do it and it doesn't do any harm starting fresh and seeing what people are actually capable of when they aren't hiding behind their fucking thousands of combat levels.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 am

I agree with Sam, he always knows how to place his words right Razz
Back to top Go down
Uaint
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

samsizzle wrote:
honestly I think its time for an MCMMO overhaul. The biggest thing I'd like to see changed is the whole pay to win aspect of pvp. MCMMO as it is on swaggercraft is extremely unbalanced in a way that isn't fun at all for casual players. The way it is now MCMMO dominates pvp when what it should really be doing is just complimenting it. If I were you, Laser, I would eliminate donating for skills completely. I'm fine with donors having a larger selection of commands/a title, but donating should not affect the outcome of pvp in the big way that it does.

To put it simply, what I would like to see is; a cap on certain skills and no option to donate for skills. Also, if these changes come into place, it'd be best if everyone started from 0. I know it might be harsh for people that grinded their way to the top, but all in all it would be the fairest way to do it and it doesn't do any harm starting fresh and seeing what people are actually capable of when they aren't hiding behind their fucking thousands of combat levels.

I dont agree with sam... He sucks at pvp
The only people who have problems with mcmmo are people who suck at pvp.
Even if sam had good mcmmo he wouldnt fight any better. You dont even use pots correctly. Stick to mining sam. Dont make it easier for them laser. DONT DO IT!!
Dude bro just deal with it... If you dont want to grind up your skills or donate for them ... you're gonna suck at pvp.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Mcmmo   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Yea people shouldnt have to start from 0 because most people will afk in their grinder to be the best. But I like the idea that people shouldnt donate for mcmmo.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:40 pm

I've read through what everyone's saying, and I've got a pretty general idea of what everyone's thinking..

You've got the people with grinders and huge mcmmo skill grinders out there saying "Suck it up and deal with it noobs" and you've got the most of the casual players saying "well, I don't have 300 hours to level up mcmmo skills"

but both agree.. archery is over powered..

Might I suggest a few different options when it comes to the weapon-skills issue?

Option 1: Remove them completely, and supplement them with a secondary plugin.. (Heroes is an amazing combat plugin, it's got class levelling, class skills, and class armor restrictions) It makes PVP actually take a little bit of skill.. Though, you still have the same problem (as you always will) with the high level players stomping the low level players into the ground and the low level players crying about it.. (oh, and it makes lower grade armors actually USEFUL! *gasp*)

Option 2: Clear everyone's levels in combat skills, and then make the over powered combat skills harder to level (ie: make them take 4x as much exp).. or more.. While the underpowered ones (see: Taming) you can make take less exp to level.. That would mean that the people who do have high levels in say bows.. actually Worked 4x as long on raising the levels..

Option 3: Caps.. This is a bit like using a hammer to put in a screw.. because some of the skills aren't bad, like unarmed, axes, taming, somewhat swords.. but most of them are supposed to be capped at 1000..

Option 4: Just remove the combat skills all together, and make pvp entirely skill.. no extras.. Probably the most drastic of all the options.. but it'd prevent bitching by high level players who got their levels capped, and the bitching from low level players saying "high level players are OP"..

In the end, it doesn't matter what you do.. 'cause people are going to cry one way or the other.. As it is, I'd also like to mention that letting people donate for mcmmo skills is pretty shitty.. because you have people who are grinding them up, and then you have the guy who walks up and pays 5-15 dollars and he gets everything you had instantly.. Kind of reminds me of the people buying characters in WoW.. Oh, you spent 300+ hours grinding up your gear to tier 7 and your level to cap? I spent 100 dollars.. and I'm here too.. 'cept you don't have the same learning curve with mcmmo skills as you do with WoW characters..

I would like to strongly suggest the heroes plugin.. 'cause making different types of armor useful = win, forcing people to choose between OP equipment, or OP skills = win, Adding an additional set of levels to the game = win.. Oh, and being able to have say.. a couple of enhanced classes for donators.. (or people who have levelled up all the other classes to cap) = win..
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Mcmmo   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

serin1 wrote:
I've read through what everyone's saying, and I've got a pretty general idea of what everyone's thinking..

You've got the people with grinders and huge mcmmo skill grinders out there saying "Suck it up and deal with it noobs" and you've got the most of the casual players saying "well, I don't have 300 hours to level up mcmmo skills"

Might I suggest a few different options when it comes to the weapon-skills issue?

Option 1: Remove them completely, and supplement them with a secondary plugin.. (Heroes is an amazing combat plugin, it's got class levelling, class skills, and class armor restrictions) It makes PVP actually take a little bit of skill.. Though, you still have the same problem (as you always will) with the high level players stomping the low level players into the ground and the low level players crying about it.. (oh, and it makes lower grade armors actually USEFUL! *gasp*)

Option 2: Clear everyone's levels in combat skills, and then make the over powered combat skills harder to level (ie: make them take 4x as much exp).. or more.. While the underpowered ones (see: Taming) you can make take less exp to level.. That would mean that the people who do have high levels in say bows.. actually Worked 4x as long on raising the levels..

Option 3: Caps.. This is a bit like using a hammer to put in a screw.. because some of the skills aren't bad, like unarmed, axes, taming, somewhat swords.. but most of them are supposed to be capped at 1000..

Option 4: Just remove the combat skills all together, and make pvp entirely skill.. no extras.. Probably the most drastic of all the options.. but it'd prevent bitching by high level players who got their levels capped, and the bitching from low level players saying "high level players are OP"..

In the end, it doesn't matter what you do.. 'cause people are going to cry one way or the other.. As it is, I'd also like to mention that letting people donate for mcmmo skills is pretty shitty.. because you have people who are grinding them up, and then you have the guy who walks up and pays 5-15 dollars and he gets everything you had instantly.. Kind of reminds me of the people buying characters in WoW.. Oh, you spent 300+ hours grinding up your gear to tier 7 and your level to cap? I spent 100 dollars.. and I'm here too.. 'cept you don't have the same learning curve with mcmmo skills as you do with WoW characters..

I would like to strongly suggest the heroes plugin.. 'cause making different types of armor useful = win, forcing people to choose between OP equipment, or OP skills = win, Adding an additional set of levels to the game = win.. Oh, and being able to have say.. a couple of enhanced classes for donators.. (or people who have levelled up all the other classes to cap) = win..

I disagree. I dont want that heroes plugin i want mcmmo but just archery is WAY too op.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
serin1 wrote:

I disagree. I dont want that heroes plugin i want mcmmo but just archery is WAY too op.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:23 pm

samsizzle wrote:

Weird, I have no mcmmo stats at all and I hardly notice it in most pvp matches. Again, the only time I notice it is archery, so that is the only thing that I think needs to be capped.

Also, as for this idea of having donators not being able to donate to raise the mcmmo stats, I like this idea. However it all comes down to how much Laser needs to make from donations in order to keep the server running. I would rather see people winning at pvp because of their donator stats then have the server come down because of a lack of funding.
Back to top Go down
samsizzle
Iron
samsizzle

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Uaint wrote:
samsizzle wrote:

I dont agree with sam... He sucks at pvp
The only people who have problems with mcmmo are people who suck at pvp.
Even if sam had good mcmmo he wouldnt fight any better. You dont even use pots correctly. Stick to mining sam. Dont make it easier for them laser. DONT DO IT!!
Dude bro just deal with it... If you dont want to grind up your skills or donate for them ... you're gonna suck at pvp.
Whats with the personal jab here? I actually can't tell if you're trolling or not considering, as far as I know, you've never actually seen me pvp. I'd also like to point out that what I said is my opinion, "I don't agree with sam" would have sufficed.
Back to top Go down
huntfirerun08
Scrub
huntfirerun08

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:55 am

Fire_unknown wrote:
I f you havent noticed but im the second highest unarm. I have 44% chance of arrow defect. Its harder to kill me ask kitty and some other people.
Yeah i don't have a problem with archery because of unarmed. Since I'm in First place with 50% deflect its not something i have to deal with but for everyone complaining i would suggest you start punching a lot of mobs. Wink
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 am

Uaint, you immediately lost as your argument is based on something that does not relate to the subject.
Back to top Go down
Uaint
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
Uaint, you immediately lost as your argument is based on something that does not relate to the subject.

Shaun im going to the store, do you need anything? soda or somthin?
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:40 am

Screw the soda, if you forget the ice-cream I'll kill you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 am

if you where going to cap them i would say let the stats be maxed out other wise it would be no fun i have seen other server do that and they are boring as hell thats no point in capping them in my case but if you where try and make the stats maxed out
Back to top Go down
G4ssy
Scrub
G4ssy

PostSubject: NO HEROES   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:42 am

serin1 wrote:

All I Say Is. NO HEROES. I don't want kids walking around being shittards and spamming hella fireballs or some shit I have seen this before.It wouldnt be right. And I don't see how we should cap MCMMO or YEAH lets take it out! I Have a 240 swords skill and i manage to kill alot of people.So what if they kill you in 2 hits. If i can do it i'm sure you can do it because I think you guys can do alot more than me only being 11.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

The general sense I'm getting is that people really only have a problem with archery. If it is capped, it will be capped at 500. So far that is the only skill I'm considering for a cap.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Mcmmo   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Yes I think thats a good idea.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
Yes I think thats a good idea.

Agreed, that is the only skill I have a problem with.
Back to top Go down
Uaint
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 am

LaserLag wrote:
The general sense I'm getting is that people really only have a problem with archery. If it is capped, it will be capped at 500. So far that is the only skill I'm considering for a cap.

Please dont...
I say max it at a 1000
Archery does take more skill than any other combat skill
i think its cool that there are Archers in the server
And if your going to cap archery, maybe you should enable ignition Smile
And do note only the people who do not have archery or high archery have a problem with it. The Archers do not Smile

but if that didnt work, and you are going to cap archery at 500, since there are maybe 15 players with 500+ archery
you should let us put the skill points that we are losing in another skill.
Like i have 950 archery. so could you put 450 points that i worked so hard to get into my unarmed ?

But cmon ... 500 archery cap? Im gonna go throw up now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mcMMO feedback.   mcMMO feedback. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mcMMO feedback.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next