SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration

Go down 
+19
TrevIzSick
UNDEADbladeMC
Wicked_Wazza
huntfirerun08
pogdoo
vongriva
Dro
jokaly
adamg355
BunkerGrenader
ttomss
GetKnifed808
samsizzle
ShepherdBook
ShaunDepro
Mash_Tactics
B1GBADW0IF
~Princess Cadance
LaserLag
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm not sure if it would be worth it just super breaking all of the obsidian to pack, firstly it would make us quite vulnerable whilst packing. I'll probably get all of my glowstone above my base first tho. How will the virtual chest work? Is there a command to send something to the chest that's in your hand? Or do you have to travel somewhere or something, is it risky?

Tnt cannons will be a thing of the past next update Twisted Evil With my little friend here...Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 Grid_Fire_Charge

So muuuch more traps that can be made, and RIP wooden bases.

Btw Laser are you thinking about updating the shop next update? I want to see the XP potion in there, it would drain peoples money very quickly xD
Back to top Go down
BunkerGrenader
Scrub
BunkerGrenader

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am

As much as it will suck for a bit losing our base, I think it's a good idea. It gives some people a chance to start over and be on equal ground, as well as clearing out those random abandoned houses that are just laying around.
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:26 pm

ShaunDepro wrote:
I'm not sure if it would be worth it just super breaking all of the obsidian to pack, firstly it would make us quite vulnerable whilst packing. I'll probably get all of my glowstone above my base first tho. How will the virtual chest work? Is there a command to send something to the chest that's in your hand? Or do you have to travel somewhere or something, is it risky?

Tnt cannons will be a thing of the past next update Twisted Evil With my little friend here...Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 Grid_Fire_Charge

So muuuch more traps that can be made, and RIP wooden bases.

Btw Laser are you thinking about updating the shop next update? I want to see the XP potion in there, it would drain peoples money very quickly xD

You stated some very good things and I would like to see some peaceful mob eggs in the shops? along with the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah the shop definitely needs some changes.

I want to see XP potions from creative mode as a 1-time use for XP that is very expensive from the shop. Another thing is probably some peaceful mobs, very expensive through because people could just go around spamming the eggs if they're cheap. I want mooshroom cow eggs Very Happy Also Mycelium has got be added and Obsidian needs a waaay cheaper price xD

At the moment people just have tons of money and don't spend it much in the shop Razz The shop is reliable but is so expensive.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:20 pm

The prices need to be kept high so long as people have ridiculous amounts of cash.

The shop is to make people's time on the server easier, but it isn't there as a life-support system.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm

The only reason why people have ridiculous amounts of money is because they donated.

$500 for an obsidian block, a single block would be equivalent to many stacks of other items.

No one really buys obsidian, it just sits there as a sign in the shop, it is much easier to spend 20 or less seconds to mine a single block then to spend half a k on it.
Back to top Go down
samsizzle
Iron
samsizzle

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

It'd be neat if exp potions were a way of storing your experience. Like you're grinding mobs for level 40 exp to enchant a sword or something, all of a sudden you get raided and you store all your exp in a bottle and stash it while you fight. Then once shit is safe, you go back smash the bottle and continue.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 pm

I can imagine that could be possible but I'm not sure if you can get the potions to store xp or whatever.
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Sam that would be convenient
Back to top Go down
BunkerGrenader
Scrub
BunkerGrenader

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm

I wish I knew the name of the mod, but there is one to store XP in books, as well as letting the bookshelves hold those books. If I can find the name, I'll link it here in case that's an idea plug-in to be set up.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Is there a plugin that let's you store writing in a book, then put it in a bookshelf? That would be awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BunkerGrenader
Scrub
BunkerGrenader

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:47 am

I know that while using Spout, you can have a Plugin called "Book Worm" It allows people to write in books(Title and a story context) and store them in bookshelves. Not sure if they make one without Spout or not.
Back to top Go down
adamg355
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm

How about erasing the whole map making a new one and we all restart exept for
maby things like mcmmo.money.Faction Players/members.

So yeah transfering everything from another map would be time consuming unless they ran 2 maps and added the abbillity to tranfer the stuff between the maps then after a week they delete that map and the portal and it is all gone Wink .
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:13 pm

People, people, people! Please read the post!!! Did nobody see the part about the virtual chest? YOU CAN STORE STUFF IN IT AND IT WILL BE THERE NO MATTER WHAT WORLD YOU ARE IN. Stuff in your virtual chest will survive a world reset! THAT IS HOW WE WOULD TRANSFER ITEMS BETWEEN WORLDS. LOL.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
adamg355
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 pm

LaserLag wrote:
People, people, people! Please read the post!!! Did nobody see the part about the virtual chest? YOU CAN STORE STUFF IN IT AND IT WILL BE THERE NO MATTER WHAT WORLD YOU ARE IN. Stuff in your virtual chest will survive a world reset! THAT IS HOW WE WOULD TRANSFER ITEMS BETWEEN WORLDS. LOL.

LOL i just saw the 3rd page and didn't see your origional post but everybody is complaining about it so i decided to put my thought in

And cool a virtural chest nice.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

adamg355 wrote:

LOL i just saw the 3rd page and didn't see your origional post but everybody is complaining about it so i decided to put my thought in

And cool a virtural chest nice.

Hahaha no biggie xD That wasn't directed entirely at you.
Back to top Go down
B1GBADW0IF
Iron
B1GBADW0IF

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 pm

LaserLag wrote:
Yes, but how much can the "chest" hold?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ri0TxFILMS?feature=mhee
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:19 pm

I haven't looked at any of the virtual chest plugins yet but I assume you can set it to whatever you want... I'm not going to let it be infinite though. There will be a limit.
Back to top Go down
jokaly
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm

yes i like this idea ; a freah new start. also these new jungle bioms sound really cool.
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

I have a feeling you dont know when the new map will be, but anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

I have a feeling you dont know when the new map will be, but anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Dro
Scrub
Dro

PostSubject: Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

Hey Laser,

If we regenerate the map, will I lose all my diamonds I got from donating/ my skills?
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 am

Laser covers this question in this thread.

Would be a good idea to read it - lots of good info.
Back to top Go down
Dro
Scrub
Dro

PostSubject: Virtual Chest   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 am

Hey Laser,

Will you make an announcement when you start the virtual chest thing??
So i don't miss it?
Back to top Go down
vongriva
Gold
vongriva

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:58 pm

ya, thats a good idea, especially with all the ruins from all the destroyed faction homes. also more diamonds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration   Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts About Future Map Regeneration
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next