SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Spawn in /f home

Go down 
+13
Textus
EMG_81
Niner256
Fire_unknown
rocketeer55
skelly
Linden
LaserLag
awesomesauce2222
pandabear135
ShaunDepro
Mash_Tactics
vongriva
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

should people spawn in /f home when you die?
Yes
Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_vote_lcap46%Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
No
Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_vote_lcap54%Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Spawn in /f home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 am

Let's tweak it:

Ten second immunity on respawn. - Allows players to get to other areas, block up areas to be able to combat back. Still allowing factions commands, so they can reset their faction home, but can't use /spawn and /home which I'm pretty sure take less then ten seconds to activate. Remember that ten seconds is an example, if it's overpowered then you could even lower it to five seconds or less.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:02 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
Let's tweak it:

Ten second immunity on respawn. - Allows players to get to other areas, block up areas to be able to combat back. Still allowing factions commands, so they can reset their faction home, but can't use /spawn and /home which I'm pretty sure take less then ten seconds to activate. Remember that ten seconds is an example, if it's overpowered then you could even lower it to five seconds or less.

You have to ask yourself, then... what's the purpose?

The intended purpose of the /spawning in your f home was to make players easier to continuously kill and lower their power.

If that's no longer a possibility, why do it at all?
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:51 am

Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Let's tweak it:

The intended purpose of the /spawning in your f home was to make players easier to continuously kill and lower their power.

They are respawned there so the raiders can continuing attacking the faction, yet they still have the ability to counter-react the raiders...
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:16 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Let's tweak it:

They are respawned there so the raiders can continuing attacking the faction, yet they still have the ability to counter-react the raiders...

Well, if they have a period of invulnerability long enough to simply do /spawn and not be affected, then the raiders really don't have the option to keep attacking them continuously.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 am

Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Let's tweak it:

Well, if they have a period of invulnerability long enough to simply do /spawn and not be affected, then the raiders really don't have the option to keep attacking them continuously.
...I explained a fix for that in my first post - I'm not certain on how long it takes for a teleport to work with /spawn but obviously the invulnerability won't last as long.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:
Let's tweak it:

...I explained a fix for that in my first post - I'm not certain on how long it takes for a teleport to work with /spawn but obviously the invulnerability won't last as long.

And if you have a period of invulnerability less than four seconds, you don't have enough time to do anything.

To properly defend your base, you will need to grab at least two fundamental things.

1: A weapon
2: Armor.

First, you need to locate the chests that these are located in. Assuming that your /f home isn't planted directly in front of them, this will eat up at least a second to two seconds of your three seconds of invulnerability.

Now, assuming you're not breaking the rules, and using your inventory tweaks in a combat scenario to automatically equip yourself with your armor, you need to individually pull out the four pieces of armor into your inventory, and then shifty-click each one into their respective slots. I don't know if you've ever tried this before, but I'd really like to see someone do that in less than three seconds.

You've now spent at least five seconds just equipping yourself so that you can stand a chance.

Do you need potions? Too bad. You don't have time.
What about a bow and arrow? Too bad. You don't have time.
Did I pick the right armor? Let's hope you did.

And on top of that, you have to worry about the fact that your opponent has spent the last two seconds wailing on you. If you're not dead by now, you can probably consider yourself at a pretty severe disadvantage.

And this is assuming that there's only one guy in the base.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 am

why dont you higher the time it takes to do /spawn in that case then?
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 am

dragok_tom wrote:
why dont you higher the time it takes to do /spawn in that case then?

Why don't... You correct your gramar?! :DD
Back to top Go down
Biionic
Scrub
Biionic

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am

Not to mention if you open any chests to grab armor, weapons, and the like. The raiders can just take things from whatever chest you open. Honestly, a delayed spawn at /f home would really do nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Biionic wrote:
Not to mention if you open any chests to grab armor, weapons, and the like. The raiders can just take things from whatever chest you open. Honestly, a delayed spawn at /f home would really do nothing.

I was gonna make this point as well, but looks like you've got it all covered.

Either way, /f home spawning just isn't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 pm

So... people with bad thought out base rooms?
Back to top Go down
Biionic
Scrub
Biionic

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 pm

You don't think when you spawn at /f home, people would follow you and camp you? Good luck getting into a room without someone on your ass, and getting in with you. XD
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Oh please Bee, It's not that hard if you plan it out correctly.
Back to top Go down
Biionic
Scrub
Biionic

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 pm

SAND.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 pm

It doesn't matter how you plan it out. When they're sitting on top of your /f home, your plans don't even remotely matter. Any door you go through, they can go through. Any chest you can get in, they can get in.

Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Did you know, that if you relog right when you spawn you get 4 seconds of invincibility, use it to break a block and then block off a door
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Linden wrote:
Did you know, that if you relog right when you spawn you get 4 seconds of invincibility, use it to break a block and then block off a door

And in a presumably obsidian room, where the only breakable blocks are the ones covering the chests with important goodies inside... where are you going to get that block?

Furthermore, how is that going to actually help you?

When you open the door to go through it, they just follow you through the door. They follow you until the invulnerability wears off, and kill you.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

If you don't have a single place to hide, or don't have a decorated base with grass or some block to break easily I'm perfectly fine with your ugly obsidian box getting raided
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Linden wrote:
If you don't have a single place to hide, or don't have a decorated base with grass or some block to break easily I'm perfectly fine with your ugly obsidian box getting raided

When you have someone who can follow directly behind you, literally moving exactly where you move until you're not invulnerable (And to be honest, that small amount of time isn't long to get somewhere safe), then there's nowhere for you to run, and nowhere for you to hide.

There isn't enough time to react to something like this, no matter who you are, or what your base was like.

But, either way, it's a moot point. As I've said like half a dozen times in here, it's not happening.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 am

With my base I can easily counteract people who get inside the faction home.

It's just that stupid people will whine that all of their chests are situated in the room that the raiders are in.

It'll make people rethink about base designs.

Previously I've had a 2 wide gap underneath bedrock where my faction home was set, with a chest with quick gear and a trap door to glitch up, in case somebody was in the base. You can easily squeeze yourself in if you know how to not break a boat.

You could slow down teleporting commands to around 14 seconds when you're in enemy territory, 10 seconds in neutral, 6 seconds in ally/faction, same with /spawn, /tpa for example.
Then make the invulnerability to 5 seconds, 5 seconds is very long when you think about it. I can easily head to a second room, open the door and close it within 2 seconds - I think you're exaggerating... if one of the raiders follow you in you and kills you, well, you've split them up temporarily, 14 seconds if it were to be modified.

Since teleporting/respawning gives you a temporary 2-3 seconds invisible effect (which can be annoying though) it's actually a lot easier to go somewhere without them following you quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn in /f home
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3