SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Spawn in /f home

Go down 
+13
Textus
EMG_81
Niner256
Fire_unknown
rocketeer55
skelly
Linden
LaserLag
awesomesauce2222
pandabear135
ShaunDepro
Mash_Tactics
vongriva
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

should people spawn in /f home when you die?
Yes
Spawn in /f home I_vote_lcap46%Spawn in /f home I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
No
Spawn in /f home I_vote_lcap54%Spawn in /f home I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
vongriva
Gold
vongriva

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm

I think they should bounce
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:21 pm

No, and let me tell you why.

Right now, raiding and destroying a faction by simply getting into their base just isn't possible. If their chests are covered, you can't open them, and if they respawn at Spawn, they can't be repeatedly killed.

If it were possible to take down a faction simply by getting into their base, v-clip usage would skyrocket.

So no. We're not going to set a rule that encourages people to hack.
Back to top Go down
vongriva
Gold
vongriva

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
No, and let me tell you why.

Right now, raiding and destroying a faction by simply getting into their base just isn't possible. If their chests are covered, you can't open them, and if they respawn at Spawn, they can't be repeatedly killed.

If it were possible to take down a faction simply by getting into their base, v-clip usage would skyrocket.

So no. We're not going to set a rule that encourages people to hack.

ah, i get it. but then you should make the time to f home not as long

Last edited by vongriva on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gramma)
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:04 pm

We should have 2 /f home's. That would be epic + would stop dat.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:02 pm

ShaunDepro wrote:
We should have 2 /f home's. That would be epic + would stop dat.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think factions has that feature.
Back to top Go down
awesomesauce2222
Scrub
awesomesauce2222

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Agreed   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

I really think this should apply it would really help if you are getting raided so you woulnt have to keep tping there when you die also raiding is almost impossidle it would make it easier to raid
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:32 pm

awesomesauce2222 wrote:
I really think this should apply it would really help if you are getting raided so you woulnt have to keep tping there when you die

How do you figure that this would help? When you die, it puts you right in the line of fire to die again without any armor or weapons.

I would really love to see the thought process behind that.

Quote :
also raiding is almost impossidle it would make it easier to raid

If by 'raid' you mean vclip into their base and then be able to steal all of their crap, then yeah.

It's not happening. Ever.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 am

Yep, never happening. I don't know why this keeps getting suggested. All you would have to do is camp a person's /f home (spawn) and they lose. They can't play the server again. They would just die and die and die and die and die and die. And lose their base.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
Linden
Gold

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 am

Well, the thing is it would be really nice, it would make people have to actually have patience, and they can actually get claimed, nobody actually gets claimed ever, unless somebody goes inactive for awhile... I honestly think it would be nice, like the person getting raided could easily buy some blocks at spawn and trap the person, or lock up a room, I understand it would slightly encourage vclipping, but it's not like people don't vclip already...
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:56 am

Linden wrote:
Well, the thing is it would be really nice, it would make people have to actually have patience, and they can actually get claimed, nobody actually gets claimed ever, unless somebody goes inactive for awhile... I honestly think it would be nice, like the person getting raided could easily buy some blocks at spawn and trap the person, or lock up a room, I understand it would slightly encourage vclipping, but it's not like people don't vclip already...

No, it wouldn't 'slightly' encourage v-clip.

It would double, maybe even triple the amount of people using it. Because it would mean that you could claim ANY FACTIONS LAND BY USING IT.

People who vclip now can't freaking break the server with it.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:03 am

It would also encourage people attacking people in others' bases, and I personally would love having people camp my /f home, it's quite fun, and you need more strategy to actually play legitly. Also, I know you're not ever going to listen, but I'm just throwing out points for the people who actually believe it will someday happen.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:07 am

Linden wrote:
It would also encourage people attacking people in others' bases, and I personally would love having people camp my /f home, it's quite fun, and you need more strategy to actually play legitly. Also, I know you're not ever going to listen, but I'm just throwing out points for the people who actually believe it will someday happen.

You would love people camp your /f home? Why?

So people could repeatedly slaughter your faction every time they log in, and eventually claim all of your land?

Once you died once, you would not be able to stop dying. You would respawn over and over, and died repeatedly until your faction had no power.

That's why this will never happen. And hell, that's Evolve we're talking about. A smaller faction would crumble in minutes.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:08 am

Well, You wouldn't understand but It's nice having people in your base if you know how to handle it you will win in the end.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 am

Linden wrote:
Well, You wouldn't understand but It's nice having people in your base if you know how to handle it you will win in the end.

But there's no handling it. If you die once, you no longer have any food, potions, weapons or armor. You cannot fight back if they've got a team of 2+ people that are geared up for this.

All you can do is hope that a large force of people from your faction with diamond equipment all log on at the exact same time.

Once you die, you can't stop dying. That's the part you aren't getting. You respawn at your /f home, where someone will be waiting with a diamond sword or axe. You have no food, no potions, no equipment, and you don't have the chance to get them.

There is no way to handle that.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:18 am

Linden wrote:

Sorry but I laughed.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
skelly
Gold
skelly

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:31 am

Linden wrote:

Mooshroom.
Every day in our base, murdering us until we had -10/10 power on a few accounts and just kept going back and punching them. That was fun.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 am

Actually, it's really not that hard to kill 2+ diamond people when you have nothing. Unarmed is so overpowered, if you have over 300 unarmed and you use berserk, eventually you'll kill them. Its not hard if you know how to PvP unarmed. Like jumping around them, running I'm circles, faking them out, etc. It takes skill, but it can be done. And also, I'd you have an open chest of stone axes at your f home, this just makes it even easier to kill them.

I don't see why no one has mentioned it, but to prevent people from vclipping, just make your base so they can't vclip. If you aren't willing to put in any effort into your base, then you deserve to be raided. There are ways to make your base just about 100% safe from other people. Sure, it'll take time and effort, but its not impossible.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:07 am

The second someone gets in your base, it's game over for your faction unless you are CONSTANTLY geared for battle, and have a superior force.

The only time I have ever seen a player in fully diamond armor who was fighting a relatively similarly-skilled opponenet (and let's be honest, here. If someone's in your base, it's not going to be some tool in leather armor.) actually lose was when the ungeared opponent had some form of hack.

And that's just a 1 on 1. One on two, and that's an automatic loss. And a proper raid will have waaaaay more than two people in on it.

And if they can;t kill you in the time that it takes you to respawn, open a chest, pull out an axe, slap it on your bar, and then figure out where your opponents are, then they're probably physically or mentally handicapped. Not to mention that if they were aware of this chest, they would just take the axes out.

It will NEVER happen.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 am

Have you seen our base? We can just run into one of our rooms, shut it with blocks from the shop / spawn and have a wonderful time getting your god armor and raping them Smile
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 am

The server is not all about evolve. You're a big faction so it's easy for you to say that. A 1 or 2 man faction would be easy to over claim.
Back to top Go down
awesomesauce2222
Scrub
awesomesauce2222

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am

Mash_Tactics wrote:
awesomesauce2222 wrote:
I really think this should apply it would really help if you are getting raided so you woulnt have to keep tping there when you die

How do you figure that this would help? When you die, it puts you right in the line of fire to die again without any armor or weapons.

I would really love to see the thought process behind that.

Quote :
also raiding is almost impossidle it would make it easier to raid

If by 'raid' you mean vclip into their base and then be able to steal all of their crap, then yeah.

It's not happening. Ever.

i mean if you kept killing them you coul actually claim land and it would help people who ie get back into the action an help there fellow faction members
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 pm

.... mash, you've really never seen an unarmed person kill someone in full armor before? When shitstain hacked into our base before, we kept going back to kill them, with nothing but stone axes. It really isn't hard to do. Just run up to them from behind and click like crazy. We HAVE killed many people who were in full diamond in our base with nothing but a stone Axe or even just our fist. It is possible, stop saying it isn't just because you never have before.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:40 pm

rocketeer55 wrote:
.... mash, you've really never seen an unarmed person kill someone in full armor before? When shitstain hacked into our base before, we kept going back to kill them, with nothing but stone axes. It really isn't hard to do. Just run up to them from behind and click like crazy. We HAVE killed many people who were in full diamond in our base with nothing but a stone Axe or even just our fist. It is possible, stop saying it isn't just because you never have before.

Yea because you have a big faction and can do it without getting over claimed. Try being in a one man faction and see how long you can go without getting over claimed.
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Linden wrote:
Have you seen our base? We can just run into one of our rooms, shut it with blocks from the shop / spawn and have a wonderful time getting your god armor and raping them Smile
Yeah easy for you to say. Not EVERYBODY has a base like that. Once again Linden, this is SWAGGERCRAFT, not EVOLVECRAFT. Not everybody has the same ways as you do for everything. Mash and Laser are doing what is best for the other people who play and not just you. Now if you want to have that, go find another server that has it.

rocketeer55 wrote:
Excuse me? Hacked? We never hacked. Somebody had their home set in their big boy. We tp'ed to them and we got in. So don't put a statement on here that you do not know is true or not.
Back to top Go down
EMG_81
Iron

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Niner256 wrote:
Linden wrote:
Yeah easy for you to say. Not EVERYBODY has a base like that. Once again Linden, this is SWAGGERCRAFT, not EVOLVECRAFT. Not everybody has the same ways as you do for everything. Mash and Laser are doing what is best for the other people who play and not just you. Now if you want to have that, go find another server that has it.

rocketeer55 wrote:
Excuse me? Hacked? We never hacked. Somebody had their home set in their big boy. We tp'ed to them and we got in. So don't put a statement on here that you do not know is true or not.

And how did he get in? can you explain that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spawn in /f home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn in /f home
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next