SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Spawn in /f home

Go down 
+13
Textus
EMG_81
Niner256
Fire_unknown
rocketeer55
skelly
Linden
LaserLag
awesomesauce2222
pandabear135
ShaunDepro
Mash_Tactics
vongriva
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

should people spawn in /f home when you die?
Yes
Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
No
Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_vote_lcap54%Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Spawn in /f home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

EMG_81 wrote:
Niner256 wrote:
Linden wrote:
Have you seen our base? We can just run into one of our rooms, shut it with blocks from the shop / spawn and have a wonderful time getting your god armor and raping them Smile
Yeah easy for you to say. Not EVERYBODY has a base like that. Once again Linden, this is SWAGGERCRAFT, not EVOLVECRAFT. Not everybody has the same ways as you do for everything. Mash and Laser are doing what is best for the other people who play and not just you. Now if you want to have that, go find another server that has it.

rocketeer55 wrote:
.... mash, you've really never seen an unarmed person kill someone in full armor before? When shitstain hacked into our base before, we kept going back to kill them, with nothing but stone axes. It really isn't hard to do. Just run up to them from behind and click like crazy. We HAVE killed many people who were in full diamond in our base with nothing but a stone Axe or even just our fist. It is possible, stop saying it isn't just because you never have before.
Excuse me? Hacked? We never hacked. Somebody had their home set in their big boy. We tp'ed to them and we got in. So don't put a statement on here that you do not know is true or not.

And how did he get in? can you explain that?

How do you know it's not a glitch? We don't know unless you have a video of them hacking in.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 pm

rocketeer55 wrote:
.... mash, you've really never seen an unarmed person kill someone in full armor before? When shitstain hacked into our base before, we kept going back to kill them, with nothing but stone axes. It really isn't hard to do. Just run up to them from behind and click like crazy. We HAVE killed many people who were in full diamond in our base with nothing but a stone Axe or even just our fist. It is possible, stop saying it isn't just because you never have before.

You wouldn't get a chance to equip a weapon. That's what I'm saying. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone even has the vaguest idea what spawning at your /f home actually means.

It would mean that you would spawn next to someone (Once they figured out which way your /f home faces, they would move behind you) with full diamond armor and probably a god weapon. You would be killed in two, maybe three hits. It would take someone maybe three seconds (if you're lucky) to land three hits on a person.

Three seconds or less is not long enough to find a chest with an axe in it, equip it, and then start fighting. You'd be dead before you opened the chest.

If you're so sure that someone with no armor and no weapons can dominate an armed group of people trying to kill you, then I invite you to make a video of it to prove me wrong. However, I spend a lot of time watching the warzone, and the one recurring theme I see is that the person in no diamond armor with no weapons gets fucking wecked by the team of armored people. Doesn't stand a chance.

I mean, if diamond armor's so vastly overrated, I guess people are just wearing it for decoration, right?
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:01 pm

How come nobody is mentioning the fact that if you die, you do not automatically respawn. You can choose to repsawn or leave the game.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Textus wrote:
How come nobody is mentioning the fact that if you die, you do not automatically respawn. You can choose to repsawn or leave the game.

What happen's when you are in combat logged? You would die 2 time and what's the point of raiding when the people log out.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Textus wrote:

Because being forced to not play swaggercraft isn't the greatest selling point of this proposal.
Back to top Go down
EMG_81
Iron

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Mash, raiding big factions is like impossible unless they get hacked or low power for inactivity..
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:46 pm

EMG_81 wrote:
Mash, raiding big factions is like impossible unless they get hacked or low power for inactivity..

And so we should make it so that the big factions are the only ones that have the slightest chance of surviving?

No.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Sorry to be captain obvious but.

Spawn in /f home - Page 2 Dpcvx2

BUT I still say no, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm

People can vlcip into that and people are able to go through 1 layer room
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm

K, but it gives you time to /spawn.
there you go
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Joshua9911222 wrote:

You understand that people getting inside the base and sitting next to the /f home is the exact reason why this isn't happening, right?

It doesn't give you time to /spawn, because you have to sit still for what, 4 seconds? Do you really think it takes 4 seconds for someone to hit you twice?
Back to top Go down
Toxicity33
Scrub
Toxicity33

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 pm

This is not related to the topic, but I don't want to make a new thread.

Make it so that you cannot leave the faction when you have negative power.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Toxicity33 wrote:

I agree with this. It might decrease pvp though.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Toxicity33 wrote:

That's not a terrible idea. I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
Joshua9911222 wrote:

You understand that people getting inside the base and sitting next to the /f home is the exact reason why this isn't happening, right?

It doesn't give you time to /spawn, because you have to sit still for what, 4 seconds? Do you really think it takes 4 seconds for someone to hit you twice?

K so your saying when someone gets into your base they automatically know where the f home is, and get in it whithin 5 seconds of killing you?
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:

Make it 2 layers
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Joshua9911222 wrote:

K so your saying when someone gets into your base they automatically know where the f home is, and get in it whithin 5 seconds of killing you?

They kill you > You respawn at your /f home > Assuming they have optical senses of some sort, they watch you respawn. Or they just see you /f home. Not terribly difficult to understand, really.

Once they know exactly where your /f home is, they can get there and wait for you or your other faction members to come back to your base. Unless you plan on abandoning that base and making a new one from scratch, then you just lost.

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Make it 2 layers

Vclip works through up to 10 layers.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? At all?
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote="Joshua9911222"]
Fire_unknown wrote:

Make it 2 layers[/qu

But people can vlcip and that would make my base look terrible >:
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 pm

[quote="Fire_unknown"]
Joshua9911222 wrote:
Fire_unknown wrote:

Make it 2 layers[/qu

But people can vlcip and making it vclip proof would make my base look terrible >:
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
Joshua9911222 wrote:

They kill you > You respawn at your /f home > Assuming they have optical senses of some sort, they watch you respawn. Or they just see you /f home. Not terribly difficult to understand, really.

Once they know exactly where your /f home is, they can get there and wait for you or your other faction members to come back to your base. Unless you plan on abandoning that base and making a new one from scratch, then you just lost.

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Make it 2 layers

LOL your argument makes no sense, I could do what you said right now, just wait till they go back to there base lol, and vclip up to 10 layers? make it 10 layers high lol
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
Joshua9911222 wrote:

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Make it 2 layers

LOL your argument makes no sense, I could do what you said right now, just wait till they go back to there base lol, and vclip up to 10 layers? make it 10 layers high lol

What, and you have some spy-cam attached to their screen that shows you when they leave?

Hey, how about instead of forcing people to go through that retarded amount of trouble to keep their faction safe, we just make them spawn at spawn, so that they don't have to worry about it?

And your argument makes no sense, dog. You would suggest for us to implement this, and then when someone gets raided, you would suggest that they do /spawn right after they respawn.

Well, how about we cut the bullshit and just have them spawn at spawn?

Last edited by Mash_Tactics on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
Joshua9911222 wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
Joshua9911222 wrote:

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Make it 2 layers

What, and you have some spy-cam attached to their screen that shows you when they leave? Or are you just clinically retarded?

Hey, how about instead of forcing people to go through that retarded amount of trouble to keep their faction safe, we just make them spawn at spawn, so that they don't have to worry about it?

And your argument makes no sense, dog. You would suggest for us to implement this, and then when someone gets raided, you would suggest that they do /spawn right after they respawn.

Well, how about we cut the bullshit and just have them spawn at spawn?

God, it's like arguing with a chimp.

1. Your first line made no sense
2. People already go through retarded amounts of trouble to make their factions safe, go to spawn
3. I said we should not implement this, look at my first post
4. lets not name call, this isn't preschool.

Edit: if I died and I knew someone was at my f home, I would just log out.

Peace out bro im watching a movie now.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Joshua9911222 wrote:

1. Your first line made no sense

No, it made perfect sense.

You cannot known when someone isn't in your base. You cannot constantly be watching them from spawn.

I'm not speaking Hebrew or something by mistake, am I?

Joshua9911222 wrote:
2. People already go through retarded amounts of trouble to make their factions safe, go to spawn

No, they go through retarded amounts of trouble to make their base secure. In the sense that people can;t just stroll in and tnt the crap out of their chests and steal their crap.

Keeping people out of your base is a futile effort. There is always another way in, whether or not it be legitimate. Given that, I'm not prepared to make a change to the game that allows people to hack their way into a base, and proceed to take over, especially when the faction members being attacked can;t do anything to stop it.

At least when people respawn at spawn, they have a choice to head back into the slaughter fest.

Joshua9911222 wrote:
3. I said we should not implement this, look at my first post

And yet, you're spending a marvelous portion of your time defending it with absolutely terrible points.

Joshua9911222 wrote:
4. lets not name call, this isn't preschool.

You're right. Based on your grammar, this is at least third grade.

Last edited by Mash_Tactics on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 am

Mash, I'm sorry, but you're kinda a dick to newish players. Of course they aren't going g to know everything about factions or the server. Does that mean you have to turn whatever argument your in into a name calling psychotic fit? No, it doesn't, but that's what seems to happen almost 100% of the time on the forums.

When a new player tries to be helpful and nice on the forums, or put in their opinions, and their shot down and picked on by a CO-OWNER, I doubt they're very happy about the way the server is managed. Does this make them want to play on the server more? No, it probably makes them want to play less, or quit altogether. You can't treat these new players like they're worthless or not important. Its not smart, not nice, not intelligent, and just plain stupid.

I know that in the argument above, one side's points weren't the most intelligent or thought out. Deal with it. Try to take out the good parts, and maybe be nice and correct them. Screaming about them because their grammar isn't very good won't help anyone (unless it's dragok_tom). Let's try to keep the new players we get, not shoo them away with stupid arguments and rude names.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 am

rocketeer55 wrote:
Mash, I'm sorry, but you're kinda a dick to newish players. Of course they aren't going g to know everything about factions or the server. Does that mean you have to turn whatever argument your in into a name calling psychotic fit? No, it doesn't, but that's what seems to happen almost 100% of the time on the forums.

When a new player tries to be helpful and nice on the forums, or put in their opinions, and their shot down and picked on by a CO-OWNER, I doubt they're very happy about the way the server is managed. Does this make them want to play on the server more? No, it probably makes them want to play less, or quit altogether. You can't treat these new players like they're worthless or not important. Its not smart, not nice, not intelligent, and just plain stupid.

I know that in the argument above, one side's points weren't the most intelligent or thought out. Deal with it. Try to take out the good parts, and maybe be nice and correct them. Screaming about them because their grammar isn't very good won't help anyone (unless it's dragok_tom). Let's try to keep the new players we get, not shoo them away with stupid arguments and rude names.

I don't shoot down the players are trying to be nice and helpful.

I correct them if they're wrong, and then if they continue arguing their factually incorrect point, I get a little more harsh.

I'm not going to bash someone's argument into the ground because they're wrong. I'm going to bash someone's argument into the ground because they're trying to sell something off as factually correct without even pretending to contemplate the idea that they might be wrong. This is not only well, wrong, but it's misleading to the people that actually don't know better.

If someone wants to be wrong all the time, that's great. However, they can either do it quietly, or they can have me correct them.

I'll admit that the name-calling was a dick move, and I apologize. I won't apologize for fundamentally dismantling his argument, though.

And really, let's be perfectly honest here. If these were points that I hadn't already debunked half a dozen times throughout this thread, then you would have a point. However, these are not new and interesting points being brought up. I'm being forced to repeatedly correct the same incorrect assertions again and again and again.

If they would take the time to actually read my posts, instead of pretending to understand what I said and just fire off the next thought that floats into their head, regardless of whether or not I've already addressed that particular issue, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But, again, I apologize for the name-calling. I've edited it out of my posts, and I'll try to refrain from it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spawn in /f home   Spawn in /f home - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn in /f home
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next