SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.

Go down 
+42
PenguiN_x
Itsyuka
Zootable
8_B_A_L_L
magma83
zxkool_cutzxz
Jadarius
LIL_SIDDI
BartTheHobo
Kilinkrevenge25
theepicbeast33
BenMcVety
whiskeasy
Maximus616
TiiMoTHYx
Maguleir
ethanroxx
TrevIzSick
jokaly
Leafshade
vongriva
acc_name1
koolwrench
MUZCRAT4thewin
halo3noab
samsizzle
krackerjack
luckystars123
hawkkiller
justinchudley
UNDEADbladeMC
Mash_Tactics
louiered1
MrCabbagePotato
ShepherdBook
I3lackminer
Textus
B1GBADW0IF
ttomss
pogdoo
ShaunDepro
LaserLag
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:30 am

Sadly, ShepherdBook has resigned as moderator. There are no hard feelings and I know everyone loved how great of a job he did. Of course, this now leaves us devoid of mods.

I would like to find 2 to 3 fairly active moderators. I have some strict requirements though. Please read these and only put yourself up for consideration if you feel you can meet these demands.

Here are some duties that would be expected of you as a SwaggerCraft mod:

1. Straight up ban people who autospam, including "left the game".

2. Check the NoCheat violations of persons whom are called out in chat. It may take time to learn how to read these but generally violations that are low in number and only in one or two categories don't mean anything. However, if the violations are in the hundreds/thousands, and in multiple categories, I'd say you are safe to ban them. Also it is requirement to use a chatmod that allows chat scrolling. Or just use SpoutCraft which has it built in.

3. Not overly necessary but try to help people with honest questions such as ones involving plugins like Factions and mcMMO.

4. If a person is typing in caps excessively, ask them to stop. If they don't, give them a temporary mute.

5. Warn people who advertise other servers. If they don't stop, feel free to ban.

6. Use the command most appropriate for the job. Use your best judgement on whether to /ban, /kick, /jail, /mute etc.

7. Perhaps most important...when in doubt, ask me! I'm available at almost all hours.

Please remember that you represent SwaggerCraft. It is important to be mature at all times but this doesn't mean you can't joke around Wink

Things to avoid and other tips:

1. Do not let your emotions affect how you moderate. For example, obviously do not ban someone just because they raided you or killed you. (I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH). If someone is harassing you, even though a rule says "Do not disrespect admins and mods", try to be the bigger man and /ignore them. It's safe to say that you will have a target on your back; do not let people get in your head.

2. Do not let the power go to your head. You are a player like everyone else. I once had a mod go on a mass banning spree. It was bad.

3. There is a difference between glitching and hacking (and lag for that matter). Generally I do not ban for glitching (besides like duping and bedrock mining) because it's too hard to prove. If people are confused about things, please point them to the Tips page on our website.

4. You are allowed to play regularly. Let people know you have no special powers besides moderating tools if they accuse you of foul play. For example, you can not spawn items, teleport to people (besides /tpa), use god mode, or go invisible.

5. Do not give in to people begging (oh they will beg) for action if you deem that the person isn't hacking from the tools available to you. If it is a big deal, pass it on to me. I have access to the full NoCheat logs that ARE NOT cleared upon log out.

6. Just because you are a mod it doesn't mean you are untouchable. Your powers can be revoked at any time and you can be banned too.

General banning procedure:

When you do the /ban command, it works like this: "/ban [playername] [reason]". For the reason (obviously) put why they are being banned i.e. speed hacking, server advertising, autospam, etc. Also tell them that they can appeal their ban at www.swaggercraft.com

For example, banning someone with very high fight violations (forcefield or something) would look like this:

Code:
/ban LaserLag Fight violations - Appeal at swaggercraft.com

Commands available to you:

1. /ban -usage: /ban [playername] [reason]
2. /mute -usage: /mute [playername]
3. /togglejail - usage: /togglejail [playername] jail
4. /kick -usage: /kick [playername] [reason]
5. /nocheat playerinfo [playername]

You can also use temp for most commands. For example: /tempban [playername] [time]
The time is weird though and has to be written in seconds. To ban someone for 5 minutes, it would look like /tempban laserlag 300

Here is the kicker. I will require every single moderation move you make, from a mute to a ban, to be recorded (screenshot or video depending on situation) and then posted on the private Ban Reports forum that will become visible to you. For certain things, like server advertisement or autospam, a screenshot will do. But for NoCheat violations where a chat scroll is required to see their name, it has to be a video.

The reason for this is so I can know whether or not you are abusing your powers. I do not want people being banned for no reason or for stupid reasons.

If I find out you are abusing your powers, you will be IP banned.

Okay, now on to the application format. Please copy/paste this in to your post and fill it out.

Minecraft name:
How long have you been playing Minecraft?
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?:
How often do you play on weekdays?
How often do you play on weekends?
Why do you think you will be a good mod?:

Finalists will be contacted and a Skype interview may be conducted.

Last edited by LaserLag on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am

Minecraft name: ShaunDepro97.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 10 months.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: 3 months.
How often do you play on weekdays?: 3 to about 5 and 1/2 hours sometimes longer.
How often do you play on weekends?: From about 4 hours up to 10 hours depending on what I have planned on that day.
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I understand not to abuse powers, I've been in a mod/admin banning/kicking rank on four servers and I've hosted my own server with quite a few people on it. When nocheat violation checking didn't have permission issues for normal players every thirty or so minutes I would write down everyone online and check their nocheat violations, surprisingly there was one every 10 or so people who had decently high violations. I know what I would have to do, I know how to use the commands, use the forums, upload screenshots and videos.
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 am

Minecraft name: pogdoo
How long have you been playing minecraft?
Around 2 years now.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: since 1.7.3
How often do you play on weekdays?
I am on the server every day, I spend every second I am at home on swaggercraft, basically my life revolves around the server... But in actual time wise I would say around 10 hours a day minimum and some days I am there for about 15 hours.
How often do you play on weekends?
On weekends I will be on almost all of the time as well, I spend almost all day on swaggercraft every day. From around 7 in the morning till 1 o'clock the next morning.
Why do you think you will be a good mod?
I am a fair player that can admit when I'm beaten and when players are not hacking. I don't lose my temper with anyone and can stick out almost any amount of abuse even without using the /ignore command. I understand the entire workings of the server and all the rules that are in place upon it. When on the server and new players come on and ask questions I always help them to understand the server and the plugin's involved. I already have the software and the capabilities to record and screenshot hackers/spammers. I have already been a mod on 2 other servers. I am a strong supporter of swaggercraft that would make sure that it stays a fair and fun to play on.
Back to top Go down
ttomss
Scrub
ttomss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 am

im gunna a apply when i get home tonight:D
ps: pogdoo u play WAY too much ur mom should cut u off LOL
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:41 am

ttomss wrote:

I think you will find that I play a normal amount and you don't play enough Razz
Back to top Go down
B1GBADW0IF
Iron
B1GBADW0IF

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 am

Minecraft name: B1GBADW0IF
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I have been playing Minecraft since Indev.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: I have been playing on swaggercraft for about a month now, and know everything about.
How often do you play on weekdays? I play about 6-8 hours a day on weekdays.
How often do you play on weekends? I play 12-15 hours on weekdays.
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I think that I will be a good mod because I have actually hosted my own server, and I know how hard it is for you to do it by yourself. I have also been playing on MC servers for a long time now, and have been a mod on several other popular servers. I know how to use most if not all the commands. I am also a very responsible person and I don't hold grudges. I will for sure not abuse any of my powers. I also have the full version of fraps and I can record everything I do. I do not lose my temper to easily, it will take a lot to piss me off, and I still will probably not do something stupid. I honestly want this position on the server because when I am on, there is always people, hacking, spamming,ACCUSING PEOPLE IN CAPS, and it really ruins the way people play on the server when they see that. I am a pretty nice guy overall and I think that I would be a great mod.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ri0TxFILMS?feature=mhee
B1GBADW0IF
Iron
B1GBADW0IF

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:32 am

ttomss wrote:
OH GOD! Please no dont apply, your wasting your time! Razz I love you
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 am

B1GBADW0IF wrote:
ttomss wrote:

Anyone can apply you know... You go for it ttomss Very Happy ignore B1GBADWOIF Razz
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:11 am

Minecraft name: Textus
How long have you been playing Minecraft? About 2 years now.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: Since 1.7.3
How often do you play on weekdays? I say I play for about 12 hours.
How often do you play on weekends? Probably around 15-20 hours
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I have the full version of Fraps so I could easily record hackers/spammers. I know a lot about the plugins and help people when ever they ask about them. I've been on the server for awhile so I know about every glitch there is and know the difference between glitching and hacking. I'm trust worthy and ALWAYS keep my word. I'm also sorry if this application has mistakes or is poorly written. I guess that's why my English teacher gave me -10 for that paper I did. Smile Any who I want to get rid of the people who ruin the server for other people by hacking. I can /tpa to people who think someone is hacking into their base, but no way will I do /tpa just to get into a base or to get the coords. I will never abuse my powers.

Last edited by Textus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
I3lackminer
Scrub

PostSubject: Mod Application   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 am

Minecraft name:I3lackMiner
How long have you been playing Minecraft?around 1 and a half years
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?:almost a year
How often do you play on weekdays? 2-3 hours a day
How often do you play on weekends?4-5 hours a day
Why do you think you will be a good mod?:Because i'm a very factual and active player
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am

Laser you said you didn't have enough mod applications now they are coming in like there's no tomorrow... Also why did shepherd resign? :/
Back to top Go down
B1GBADW0IF
Iron
B1GBADW0IF

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:46 am

pogdoo wrote:
B1GBADW0IF wrote:
ttomss wrote:

Anyone can apply you know... You go for it ttomss Very Happy ignore B1GBADWOIF Razz
He's my cousin, I'm just giving him advice Razz
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 pm

pogdoo wrote:
... Also why did shepherd resign? :/

Hi Pog,

I still enjoy the server and respect the administration in all ways - it just comes down to time. I am working 17-18 hours a day and either I will not be able to give the server the attention it deserves or I will give it too much and possibly impact my career.

Not a worthwhile position.

Thats all - I still fully support the idea of server mods and think its a worthwhile thing for the right player.
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 pm

ShepherdBook wrote:
pogdoo wrote:
... Also why did shepherd resign? :/

Hi Pog,

I still enjoy the server and respect the administration in all ways - it just comes down to time. I am working 17-18 hours a day and either I will not be able to give the server the attention it deserves or I will give it too much and possibly impact my career.

Not a worthwhile position.

Thats all - I still fully support the idea of server mods and think its a worthwhile thing for the right player.

Ahh okay, I was just hoping that everything wad okay for you because that's what minecraft is about other than building and stuff it's making friends Very Happy (it's not about pvp before anyone says it)
Back to top Go down
MrCabbagePotato
Scrub

PostSubject: Mod App   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Minecraft name: MrCabbagePotato
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 15 months.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: Almost a year.
How often do you play on weekdays?: Between 1-2.5 hours.
How often do you play on weekends?: 2-3 hours.
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I think I would be a good mod because I'm experienced with being a Mod, I've been a moderator on about 5 servers (Maybe 4) and most people thought I was a fair moderator. I also think I would be a fair moderator because I can relate to the members, I wouldn't be unfair or in-just to the members of the server. I also believe I would be a good moderator because I really enjoy this server and would think of it as an honor to be keeping Swaggercraft safe and fun to play.

Thank you very much for taking my application into consideration.

~ MrCabbagePotato
Back to top Go down
louiered1
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Minecraft name:louiered1
How long have you been playing Minecraft? for about 2 years
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: 1 year or 2 years
How often do you play on weekdays? from 3 till about 10
How often do you play on weekends? 7 in the morning 12 at night
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: because i am always online and i love the server and i know some hackers cause i got them on tape also i know i did get banned i am very sorry for that so please can i be mod and i donated and i want to make this server better if this can be a better server!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm

minecraft name:dragok_tom
age 13
how long have you been playing minecraft? like 3 years now
how long have you been playing on swaggercraft? like 1 and a half years now
how often do you play on weekdays?from about 3:15 till about 9
how often do you play on weekends? from 12/11 till 10 with brakes inbetween
why do you think you will be a good mod? beacause i love swagger and i am on it alot of the time i am responsible i have donated (to swag) and never got banned i would also be kind to people i make friends i would also not abuse my powers as mod i would also change my way of thinking about people and think nothing of the past if i became mod because i know a fue people dont like me but you cant please every one now can you thanks for your time -tom
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Lol. The server has been around for barely 5 months. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 pm

LaserLag wrote:

This.

Some of you guys are confused.

Really confused.

We started the server in September.
Back to top Go down
UNDEADbladeMC
Scrub
UNDEADbladeMC

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Minecraft name: UNDEADbladeMC
How long have you been playing Minecraft? Since the start of Alpha.
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?:Since 1.8.1
How often do you play on weekdays? Not very often, but can be on forums then.
How often do you play on weekends?All day,All the weekend(even longer than pogdoo) i know it is a downside i don't play through the week but im on pretty much all the time on weekends:)
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I think i will be a good mod because i have had experience before as a moderator, also i know my responsibilities as a mod and know how to spot hackers, i will not give in to the temptation to abuse the powers i would be given if i was to be chosen. I understand all about the plugins and can give players help with them and even help how to do things ingame, and do things i wouldnt be obligated to do as a moderator. I am able to record people as i have the full version of fraps, and i also know how to take screenshots and upload them, i wont let my emotion cloud my judgement on the person in question. I would be a good mod even though i cant play much on weekdays but i play alot more than most people on weekends:)
Note : I am now on school holidays and will be on a lot during the week.

Last edited by UNDEADbladeMC on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B1GBADW0IF
Iron
B1GBADW0IF

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:03 pm

LaserLag wrote:
lmao
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 pm

You cant of been? I know i have been playing since 1.7.3 since its the first and only server i ever joined :/ or it might of been 1.8.1 but im sure it was 1.7.3...
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:32 pm

MrCabbagePotato wrote:
Minecraft name: MrCabbagePotato
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: Almost a year.

I3lackminer wrote:
Minecraft name:I3lackMiner
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?:almost a year
player

Textus wrote:
Minecraft name: Textus
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: About 8 1/2 months.

Totally legit...

So far only UNDEADbladeMC, pogdoo, B1GBADWOIF, and I actually have less then 5 months for time one Swaggercraft...
Back to top Go down
ttomss
Scrub
ttomss

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Minecraft name: ttomss aka ~Tom
How long have you been playing Minecraft? i started around when infdev first came out
How long have you been playing on SwaggerCraft?: ive been on swaggercrfat for about a month, month 1/2
How often do you play on weekdays? on weekdays i play about 2-5 hours because i have school
How often do you play on weekends? Depends on fridays about 3-7 hours when i get home from the movies or friends ect. saturdays probubly about 5-10 and sundays prob about 7-12
Why do you think you will be a good mod?: I belive that i would be a good moderator for several reasons. First because i have co-owned a server with some goofball named B1GBADW0IF and i know what its like. You have to deal with all the annoying 12 year olds all the obnoxios 17 year olds and all those wierd wanna-be hacker kids which makes me an experiensed moderator. I am also a good moderator because I am very nice and i try to make friends with everyone i meet (exept the hipsters) i do belive that i am likable and i could become like a friend to the other players on the server instead of the stricked jackass everyone portrays a Mod to be. Lastly I have had this game for a very long time and im aware of all the
malarkey ( <--- Word of the day) people say and all of the stuipid things they can do. When i suspect somone of breaking a rule i will always check it out and when somone on the server is freaking out i will investigate and try to help them with the best of my ability. Anyway i hope you take me into consideration and i love ur server its lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm

pogdoo wrote:
You cant of been? I know i have been playing since 1.7.3 since its the first and only server i ever joined :/ or it might of been 1.8.1 but im sure it was 1.7.3...
'
you're right pog, the server has been up since 1.7.3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.   Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for New Moderators - Post here if you're interested.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next