SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Lack of bans/ban report responses.

Go down 
+5
Niner256
Aus10IsANoob
ShaunDepro
TheAce
MISTERbobPLOODY
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

Lack of bans/ban report responses. Empty
PostSubject: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 pm

I know all the staff are busy with school and what not, but the last 17 ban reports have been left unanswered while some of them show the players obviously hacking yet they're still playing unbanned on the server. No bueno.

Last edited by MISTERbobPLOODY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The prophecy said to.)
Back to top Go down
TheAce
Scrub
TheAce

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 pm

If hes looking for more Mods/Guides That means he is atleast trying to get more staff on during the day. But there is a lack of Ban report Reading and that could be fixed.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 am

If only if you could see the ban report section, there are pages of bans.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:19 am

How are we supposed to know if the person we are reporting is banned or not if nobody responds to our posts?

Also, there are a couple of players like knuckles, who were clearly hacking yet they're still on the server.

Last edited by MISTERbobPLOODY on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I felt like denying the prophecy.)
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Ban Lists should be posted, like a text document like seen here: fearpvp.net
This server auto-updates this text document every time a player is banned. If we could do something like this, that would be great.
If this isn't possible, then at least reply to the reports saying Accepted or Denied
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Aus10IsANoob wrote:
Ban Lists should be posted, like a text document like seen here: fearpvp.net
This server auto-updates this text document every time a player is banned. If we could do something like this, that would be great.
If this isn't possible, then at least reply to the reports saying Accepted or Denied
Vouch, very nice. Every ban has to go through Laser so I have heard. I think Mods should have the right to ban them whenever IF there is clear proof. Then tell Laser and post in the Long List of Banned Section.
Back to top Go down
bluefireEnigmatic
Scrub
bluefireEnigmatic

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Needs more attention focused on the banning of hackers because as soon as they realize nobody is getting banned (flushmount, Fallenwolvezz, Knuckles [from personal refrence]) they are going to take over with every hack they could possibly use, They are slipping up with the way they do it which is resulting in obvious proof of more videos of the specified hack. You need to find new trustworthy and mature mods that everyone would be okay with to handle the ban appeals, and reports, Possibly an (not anymore) hacker who knows what they look like or perhaps a coder that would be able to prove whatever is needed too. The hammer needs to come down a little harder and I know i've been let off pretty easy in the passed but I'll still take responsibilty for the fact that I have because I don't agree with the leniency toward hackers so far.
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Out of the people who I know who have applied, MISTERbobPLOODY, Toxicity33, and myself would be good candidates, and we all applied, yet not many responses.
Back to top Go down
TheAce
Scrub
TheAce

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Aus 3 extra mods would be great But also *Wink* Ace *Wink*
Back to top Go down
bluefireEnigmatic
Scrub
bluefireEnigmatic

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Honestly, I would like someone like codydragon to be a mod, Possibly textus and pogdoo had a shot at one point but he's a mature person who knows how to handle stuff like that. Cody i know is mature and a nice guy if you don't constantly troll him, textus is a really funny guy, completely animated personality with a serious side who also knows how to deal with issues that have to do with hacking and all 3 of them know what hacking looks like. I would apply but seeing as not many people like me I'm not going too lol.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 am

Having Pogdoo as a mod wasn't a good idea, Textus probably the same but what you're saying is right.

The problem is that you cannot be a neutral moderator. There will always be a few pointless complaints and trolls.

Last edited by ShaunDepro on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 am

On the topic of mods... I don't know if Laser holds this same perspective, but in my eyes, having been banned sinks your chances of getting mod massively.

Getting banned with definitive proof of hacking diminishes it completely.

So... think on that.
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
On the topic of mods... I don't know if Laser holds this same perspective, but in my eyes, having been banned sinks your chances of getting mod massively.

Getting banned with definitive proof of hacking diminishes it completely.

So... think on that.

this.
Back to top Go down
bluefireEnigmatic
Scrub
bluefireEnigmatic

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:58 pm

So mash you're telling me you're going to chose another 13 year old uneducated when it comes to maybe some hidden hacks moron moderator that will do nothing but rack up more and more people that hate him when he does nothing but bann the morons that hack and not the smart people that hack. when really the smart ones fuck everyone over worse then the retarded ones? That's just a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 pm

bluefireEnigmatic wrote:
So mash you're telling me you're going to chose another 13 year old uneducated when it comes to maybe some hidden hacks moron moderator that will do nothing but rack up more and more people that hate him when he does nothing but bann the morons that hack and not the smart people that hack. when really the smart ones fuck everyone over worse then the retarded ones? That's just a great idea.

This makes you look uneducated. Also, are you calling us that? Because that's not cool.
Back to top Go down
bluefireEnigmatic
Scrub
bluefireEnigmatic

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Aus you're not a mod atm so how in any way would that relate to you being a moron? They ask for mature mods when the people they pick have no maturity whatsoever, mods shouldn't be in a faction in my opinion they're chosen to upkeep rules in a server and not to socialize with the people to try and become liked as a mod, that's why they're a Moderator, and not a player.
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

bluefireEnigmatic wrote:
Aus you're not a mod atm so how in any way would that relate to you being a moron? They ask for mature mods when the people they pick have no maturity whatsoever, mods shouldn't be in a faction in my opinion they're chosen to upkeep rules in a server and not to socialize with the people to try and become liked as a mod, that's why they're a Moderator, and not a player.
Sorry, thought you were talking about stuff.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:49 am

bluefireEnigmatic wrote:

And... do you have any evidence to support your statement? Nop.

This has never happened before, 'another' doesn't fit here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
Having Pogdoo as a mod wasn't a good idea, Textus probably the same but what you're saying is right.

The problem is that you cannot be a neutral moderator. There will always be a few pointless complaints and trolls.

sorry but pog managed to ban alot of people i was there when he did it pog was a good mod cody and tex would probably be good ones as well although they are quit stupid at times they could be good for it.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 am

dragok_tom wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:

sorry but pog managed to ban alot of people i was there when he did it pog was a good mod cody and tex would probably be good ones as well although they are quit stupid at times they could be good for it.
Yeah, around 10 to maybe 12 bans were made by him. If there were any more then he didn't report them.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:09 am

bluefireEnigmatic wrote:

A thirteen year old who was able to avoid being caught hacking is obviously more intelligent than the person who got caught... so that would definitely be a point for him.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 pm

bluefireEnigmatic wrote:

Yea mods shouldn't be in a faction but don't have to be on everyday.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
bluefireEnigmatic wrote:

Yea mods shouldn't be in a faction but don't have to be on everyday.

Mods are supposed to be active. The more active, the better.
Back to top Go down
vongriva
Gold
vongriva

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Aus10IsANoob wrote:
bluefireEnigmatic wrote:

This makes you look uneducated. Also, are you calling us that? Because that's not cool.

Poor guy has no education
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
dragok_tom wrote:
ShaunDepro wrote:

Yeah, around 10 to maybe 12 bans were made by him. If there were any more then he didn't report them.

also he has been one of the active more active mods. he was only a mod for a short amout of time, also at that time not many players where on so that explains the ban reports
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of bans/ban report responses.   Lack of bans/ban report responses. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of bans/ban report responses.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next