SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? Empty
PostSubject: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I can see why replies are disabled for ban appeals, but why is it disallowed in ban reports? It just makes it a huge pain in the arse to reply to the mods/admins about crucial details. plus, I'm pretty sure members should get SOMEWHAT of a say. Members (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) know more about what's a glitch and/or a hack more than LaserLag or Mash.

Just a thought bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 pm

naruto85 wrote:
I can see why replies are disabled for ban appeals, but why is it disallowed in ban reports? It just makes it a huge pain in the arse to reply to the mods/admins about crucial details. plus, I'm pretty sure members should get SOMEWHAT of a say. Members (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) know more about what's a glitch and/or a hack more than LaserLag or Mash.

Just a thought bounce

And I trust the members of this server about as far as I'd trust Richard Nixon with my wallet.

If there is a glitch we don't know about, then we're going to treat it as a hack until it can be replicated ingame. If there's a hack we don't know about, then you can include that in your original post.

If you didn't fit the crucial details in your original post, then you can go back and EDIT THEM IN.
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:11 pm

[quote="Mash_Tactics"]
naruto85 wrote:

If you didn't fit the crucial details in your original post, then you can go back and EDIT THEM IN.

And how often do moderators/admins go back to check every single ban report just to check if there was an edit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 pm

[quote="naruto85"]
Mash_Tactics wrote:
naruto85 wrote:

And how often do moderators/admins go back to check every single ban report just to check if there was an edit?

That's a good point, I rarely ever check hacker reports that don't have a new reply/update.
I don't really see why members shouldnlt be able to make replies...
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Thankfully, a brilliant man decided to think up something called a 'sticky post'. The sticky posts are designed to always sit on the front page of a sub-forum, usually because they have a nifty piece of information explaining something pertaining to the sub-forum. Kinda like... an explanation as to why a certain rule or regulation is in place, perhaps?

And son of a gun, we happen to have one of those right in our very back yard.

http://forum.swaggercraft.com/t917-i-have-disabled-replies-for-members-in-this-forum
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:27 am

Mash, I've already read this before. I don't really see how this would block spam. Personally, I think that a bunch of people posting new topics saying "reply to blahblah" is more spam than just allowing them to reply to their own post. I understand what laser is trying to do with this, but I don't really see how it helps.

And why do we always argue so freaking much?
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 am

rocketeer55 wrote:
Mash, I've already read this before. I don't really see how this would block spam. Personally, I think that a bunch of people posting new topics saying "reply to blahblah" is more spam than just allowing them to reply to their own post. I understand what laser is trying to do with this, but I don't really see how it helps.

And why do we always argue so freaking much?

Well, first part you gotta take up with Laser. Was completely his call.

And we argue a lot because we're both argumentative and stubborn. It's a curse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?   Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allow Member Replies to Report Hacker Posts?
Page 1 of 1