SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Next Map Wipe

Go down 
+13
bluefireEnigmatic
wjr5
Asteryx21
redgeorge4
EMG_81
Tiger_Sperm
Mash_Tactics
pandabear135
skelly
Joshua9911222
MISTERbobPLOODY
Toxicity33
Linden
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am

Hello, I'm here to talk about the next map wipe. I know this is apparently all Laser's decision, but I'd like to persuade him a bit, and if he does decide to do what I say in the following, suggest some major ideas.

Well, next map wipe I was hoping that Laser would decide to wipe everything, but Mcmmo because people are way too butthurt about their mcMMO skills, and Laser would never do it because "Too many people donated", which I suppose I agree with. People spent a lot of time grinding, and grinders will be extremely hard to make without getting blown up in a matter of a day next map due to no water / obby protection.

Reasons : There are TONS of donators on this server, and even if you limited the limit of what you can carry over to like, 9 per epic My faction would have... Me, Skelly, Rocket, Mortomax, Heyckave, Panda, And Dro (I didn't forget you noob) and probably somebody else that I'm forgetting, but either way, if each member of our faction with epic could carry over 9 items, we would be able to bring over about 63 stacks of items, which means we could carry 63 stacks of diamond blocks, and that's just ridiculous. There would be no point in even having a map wipe if we could just bring over 63 stacks of obsidian, or something of the sort because we could pretty much have an unraidable chestroom because I doubt anybody is going to bring over a bunch of TNT.

If this does happen, I'd like to suggest some things, so here it goes.

Bring back double drop on Obsidian to encourage mining. I don't know about anybody else, but I would be getting about all of my obsidian from finding caves with lava, then placing water and super breaking, it would make me actually want to do it, and spend time to get obby which will be extremely needed if you could get doubles. I know there will be dupers that just place a bunch down, but if you think about it, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who's doing it, Mash is pretty active and he's always bored on the server, so he could go around in vanish stalking people.

Voting changes

I suggest if you wipe everything (or not) make it so you can vote for obsidian instead of iron, people will be mining a lot most likely, and I don't think it's that hard to go collect 16 iron per day, it's not really that helpful. I think this would greatly help because then you would be getting Diamonds, TNT, and Obsidian which would all be greatly needed on the server after the big wipe.

X-Ray

I know this one won't be the most possible, but if a player find a tunnel that has Iron showing, Redstone, coal, Lapis and all that stuff that goes up and down I think they should be able to send a mail to Mash, or Laser, and have them check it out, and see if the person who did it would be able to answer questions about it, or see if there are any more tracks of this. If there is a giant map wipe and people start X-raying with a fortune 3 pickaxe, they could easily get about 3 stacks of diamonds an hour, if not more.

Well, these are just some suggestions since I have to go to school now, if anybody has anymore please post them. Kthxbai Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toxicity33
Scrub
Toxicity33

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:11 pm

The biggest change I would like to see is a balance in the economy. I really don't want billionares on this server, nor would I like to see someone with a double chest of diamond blocks in the first week. My suggestion for voting is to remove diamonds. Voting for 2 diamond blocks a day completely ruins the economy. I want to see the members of this server actually WORK for their diamonds and diamond armor, not vote.

But yeh, I agree with Linden on everything else.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 pm

And then there's the problem of people donating for diamond right after the reset. It defeats the purpose of a wipe.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with everything in this post.
+1
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, I would want the diamonds on donating to be shortened A LOT
Back to top Go down
skelly
Gold
skelly

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Toxicity33 wrote:
The biggest change I would like to see is a balance in the economy. I really don't want billionares on this server, nor would I like to see someone with a double chest of diamond blocks in the first week. My suggestion for voting is to remove diamonds. Voting for 2 diamond blocks a day completely ruins the economy. I want to see the members of this server actually WORK for their diamonds and diamond armor, not vote.

But yeh, I agree with Linden on everything else.

MISTERbobPLOODY wrote:
And then there's the problem of people donating for diamond right after the reset. It defeats the purpose of a wipe.

I'm pretty sure the reason for voting for diamonds is basically to make sure that non-donators aren't getting completely wiped out by donators in diamond. So it would kind of cancel out the reason for it, or Laser would have to go back and completely redo what donation gives you.

I wouldn't be opposed to dropping it from 2 to 1 diamond, however, just to keep it slightly more balanced.

And I doubt the donation thing is going to change. Eventually everyone's going to have stacks of diamond again, no matter what Laser does.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Well, I'd much rather have being rich 3 - 5 stacks of diamond blocks, rather than chests.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 pm

I'd spend the time to actually change all of the donations and balance if out, if that's what Laser's worried about, I has time.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Eventually is the key word, it's all a matter of time. Without the donating it'd take maybe a couple of weeks of hard mining before one has stacks of diamond, as opposed to donating minutes after the wipe and already having stacks of diamond blocks.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 pm

I understand people will quickly be able to get a few stacks of diamonds, but they'd actually have to work for it.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 pm

The only thing I don't like about this is that people will just xray to get rich. I'd rather have people donate or vote for diamonds (actually helping the server) rather then xraying to get diamonds (makes the server worse VIA map abuse)
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:14 pm

That's the point of my "X-ray" section of the post.
Back to top Go down
Joshua9911222
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Linden wrote:
"X-ray"

The bane of minecraft, almost impossible to stop ever. If a hacker has some common sense (most dont) The could make it quite believably a legit player.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:16 am

Joshua9911222 wrote:
Linden wrote:
"X-ray"

The bane of minecraft, almost impossible to stop ever. If a hacker has some common sense (most dont) The could make it quite believably a legit player.

The smart xrayers don't get caught.

The smart xrayers don't just make a beeline for the diamond, and ONLY the diamond. They'll go for other ores as well, just to throw off any type of ore logging.

The smart xrayers are the ones that do the real damage. Not the retardo ones.
Back to top Go down
Tiger_Sperm
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm

What would happen to people with mob spawners if this were to happen? Would they get wiped too? Because that would be way to easy to get god stuff...
Back to top Go down
EMG_81
Iron

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Tiger_Sperm wrote:
What would happen to people with mob spawners if this were to happen? Would they get wiped too? Because that would be way to easy to get god stuff...

oh its a wild boats
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Tiger_Sperm wrote:

I doubt mob spawners would get wiped. But if you think about it, with a full reset, it would take someone a LONG time to build a mob spawner safely and get enough obby to protect it.
Back to top Go down
Tiger_Sperm
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
Tiger_Sperm wrote:

I doubt mob spawners would get wiped. But if you think about it, with a full reset, it would take someone a LONG time to build a mob spawner safely and get enough obby to protect it.

Oh yeah, should of thought about that. I guess that is true..
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Hey Boats, You lovin' your ban as much as I am? I mean, I wouldn't consider you banned though, you are probably ban evading at this very moment
Back to top Go down
redgeorge4
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 am

I doubt mob spawners would get wiped. But if you think about it, with a full reset, it would take someone a LONG time to build a mob spawner safely and get enough obby to protect it.[/quote]

Hey panda 1 day of Evolve obsidian mining u guys would end the day with at least 2 double chests that could protect a few spawnner and make a base.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:11 am

redgeorge4 wrote:

Hey panda 1 day of Evolve obsidian mining u guys would end the day with at least 2 double chests that could protect a few spawnner and make a base.
[/quote]

What happens in a map reset is as follows;

1. Generate a new map.
2. Slap the spawn on it.
3. Make it pretty.

No buildings are spared.
Back to top Go down
redgeorge4
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:16 am

Ok? And that means
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 am

redgeorge4 wrote:
Ok? And that means

It means, contrary to your quote, that mob spawners DO get wiped.

And by mob spawners, I mean the large rectangular buildings used for spawning mobs.
Back to top Go down
redgeorge4
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 am

O ok
Back to top Go down
Asteryx21
Scrub

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello me and DarKillers [ my faction ] woud like to ask you IF it's possible at the new update to wipe everything but not bases . It was hard for us to make it .
We are kinda new to this server so we don't know if that's possible .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Map Wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Map Wipe   Next Map Wipe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Map Wipe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SwaggerCraft :: General-
Jump to: