SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Nether Suggestions

Go down 
+2
ShaunDepro
lolo485
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lolo485
Scrub

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:36 pm

It is very hard to create places in the Nether without having it griefed within a few days. Its quite challenging to get from one point in the nether to another, what with the lava, ghasts, zombies, blazes, fire, zombie pigs... look its not going to work just to make a base 1000 blocks from spawn. We need to make it so people to claim within the Nether, otherwise theres not much point in building there. The only real purpose is for people to get rack, or Glowstone.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Agreed, I want to start building an automatic ghast grinder in 1.2 but even if I were to make it far away people would eventually find it and just destory it, you can't protect anything.
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Small note.

You are aware, I hope, that the nether is -unbounded-.

It does not stop at 4k, 4k.

I know this because BugBears literally built a massive netherwort farm and auto-blaze-grinder / xp farm waaaay out there and it has never been griefed. Been in place for at least... 45 days?
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Well I've been greifed in the Nether at about 1,200 blocks away from the nether spawn. I've never travelled any further because the lava lakes are just too big.
Back to top Go down
lolo485
Scrub

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 am

Like I said, its a pain in the ass to travel in the Nether. And if everyone just went 10,000 blocks from spawn, not so sure that would be good for the server. It'd just be a better idea to let people claim land.
Back to top Go down
lolo485
Scrub

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Land claiming is disabled for reason. It's hard enough to manage one world. The Nether is a pain because it's so easy for a faction to claim a section of land and basically make huge areas of the Nether inaccessible.

So yeah it's basically a wilderness to explore and get resources. Personally, I'd rather have it disabled altogether but when enchants came out it justified bringing it back.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
8_B_A_L_L
Gold
8_B_A_L_L

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:04 pm

LaserLag wrote:
Land claiming is disabled for reason. It's hard enough to manage one world. The Nether is a pain because it's so easy for a faction to claim a section of land and basically make huge areas of the Nether inaccessible.

So yeah it's basically a wilderness to explore and get resources. Personally, I'd rather have it disabled altogether but when enchants came out it justified bringing it back.
reasons why nether is shit
1. Fuck
Back to top Go down
http://goatse.info
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 am

Wel, I think factions should be able to have claimed land. But beyond a certain point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nether Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Suggestions   Nether Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nether Suggestions
Page 1 of 1