SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?

Go down 
+12
ShaunDepro
skelly
Fire_unknown
Textus
naruto85
lucasmetcalfe
bloodtamer
Niner256
serin1
Moosause
Childflayer
LaserLag
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? Empty
PostSubject: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Jeb recently announced that the Minecraft 1.3 update will be released on August 1st. Would you prefer waiting for 1.3 to come out so the map has all the new terrain features and structures (emerald ore, jungle temples etc) or would you want the map reset as early as next week? Let me know which you would prefer and why.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
Childflayer
Scrub

1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 pm

I have already gotten everything ready for the reset, I really don't want to kick around for another month building or anything if it's going to get reset. The 1.3 patch can be applied when it comes out, and we'll still get the new functionality from it. The only thing we miss out on is some of the new random structures and the emerald ore, but that can be added to the shop when it comes out. I hope everyone agrees with me when I say we've been waiting for the reset for about 3 weeks and we want to go ahead and get it over with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moosause
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Please reset it now, almost all the old players have gotten packed up only to be told we have to wait another month, as the post before me stated. The server is dying down because people don't want to do anything they might lose during the map wipe.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:48 pm

I agree with the above two people.
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Personally, I'm fine with the map reset being later, but other people have been packing all their stuff and mining out their bases for obby for the next map. Now if the map resets next week or so then all that work wont come to waste. We can also just wait a while after 1.3 comes out. Like maybe 3-4 weeks and then we can start announcing the map reset once again. I know players will infact want the 1.3 update..but it honestly doesn't make since to go ahead do a map reset then like a month later another one.

Now if we wait till 1.3, players wont be as active on the server because they are already for the map reset and there is no use to even put it back in chests when they know they are going to be taking it all back out sooner or later. But, we wont have to tell everybody to keep your 1.2.5 clients! Which is okay..but yeah.

So really if we wait till 1.3...not as much active players and mostly whining on why is has to be soo much longer. If we do it next week all the hard work will have payed off, but sooner or later we will have to revert to 1.3 with the constant need of players to have another new map.

Well that's all folks,
-Niner256
Back to top Go down
bloodtamer
Scrub
bloodtamer

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I think everybody needs to calm down, if you have everything packed up great, but the whole point of the map reset was to introduce the new features of 1.3. If you honestly think it is a good idea to reset the am before a major update, think again. 1st there is going to be a shitstorm if people want some emerald ore as it won't be available, we won't have any of the terrain updates, the only way to introduce items will be through the shop in which case either the rich will have it, or everyone will have it lowering its value and ruining the novelty. I think everyone is a little anxious because the map reset was supposed to be now, but if we wait just 1 month more I think we will find it a hell of a lot more enjoyable. And if we do reset the map now, what happens when 1.3 comes out? another map reset? or Do we just have a majority of people angry that we are playing on an outdated map. If we do wait for the reset everyone will be satisfied, if you really are that driven to have a reset just for a slight change of pace, you are going to be PISSED when other servers are chilling outin the nice improved mountain biomes mining their emerald ore. Honestly guys, the whole fun of a reset comes with new additions to the game, and if we don't wait now, it's going to be annoying as hell playing on an old map when the patch finally does come out.

P.S. if you are thinking two resets will be a solution, just remember, people are angry because they've packed and think its not worth unpacking for a month, you will get the same response.

guy don't let your impatience ruin things, let's wait for 1.3
Back to top Go down
bloodtamer
Scrub
bloodtamer

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm

btw niner you just kinda pointed out the obvious... we know what the problem is we are trying to vote on a solution
Back to top Go down
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Reset NOW
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:35 pm

bloodtamer is right. The whole point the map reset when 1.2 came out was because of the new features. The same thing is here. The whole point the map was going to reset now was because of all the new features. New structures (jungle temples, pyramids, sandstone villages, and more), biome generation, and, most importantly, A NEW ORE. Restating what bloodtamer said, emerald will either become basically useless, or ridiculously expenisve if it was sold at the shop. People just need to be a bit more patient until the reset. Having multiple resets (one now, one later) is just ridiculous. EVERYBODY will be begging and whining and raging on and on about a map reset right now because they don't know whats better for them. Everyone will be pleased much more with a brand new 1.3 map, not an old 1.2.5 map.

One suggestion I have is from July 5th to July 20th there should be a temporary virtual chest. Some people have already quit swaggercraft until the map reset with all their valuables on them. Others have destroyed their bases collecting obby. Many have no place to store their loot. A temporary virtual chest can help them hold out with all their valuables until the reset. Why rebuild a base you took apart to hold your valuables for a few weeks? On July 20th the virtual chests will be removed and people can be doing what they were doing a week ago, getting ready for the reset. The virtual chests can be used as placeholders for the lack of a secure base.

Long story short, people want a map reset now. They don't know that they will be missing out SO much in the future. Some people have destroyed their bases preparing for the reset. They now need another safe place for all their items for a month. This safe place can be a temporary virtual chest; which will be removed a week or so BEFORE the reset.

Bleep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't mind waiting for 1.3.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Just to clear up any confusion, if the map was reset next week there would not be another reset at 1.3. That would be unbelievably pointless Razz
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Map reset   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I say update the map now
Back to top Go down
skelly
Gold
skelly

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Wait. The main reason for the reset in the first place was 1.3. I completely agree that its pointless to reset now. I want to experience everything that 1.3 has to offer on this server.

We already packed everything up, too. You can't take EVERYTHING with you, so you might as well use what you still have to enchant/PVP/etc.

I am very willing to wait for the updates.
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
I say update the map now

lucasmetcalfe wrote:
Reset NOW

serin1 wrote:
I agree with the above two people.

Joda wrote:
Please reset it now, almost all the old players have gotten packed up only to be told we have to wait another month,

Childflayer wrote:
I have already gotten everything ready for the reset

Everyone is either just stating they want the map reset or saying what everyone else has already said. If some people can pack up and still wait without a word of asking for a reset, why do the others have to ask for one? If rich people like Textus, Bloodtamer, and Skelly can easily wait, why can't others as well?

Can everyone give reasons that aren't already obvious to everybody playing on swaggercraft? Or give one to begin with?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:13 pm

In my opinion the point of the reset was to clean out the map, but also do introduce new features. Emeralds, Jungle Dungeons, etc, people will complain so it's better to do it properly, and not rush it out next week.

I'm all packed up, 4 people carrying items, most of my base mined down (letting in a few intruders Wink ), yet I don't mind waiting another month. People are just being impatient.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Honestly, I'm fine with either. The things 1.3 introduces (world-gerneration wise) aren't the most important things ever. Like the jungle dungeons and desert buildings, those will all be griefed and destroyed within the first week. Emeralds are just about pointless, find an npc, trade like 18 raw chicken, and you have an emerald. People would just xray out all the emeralds in the map anyways. Jungle trees with the whole cocoa bean thing won't be there. However, just grow a jungle tree in 1.3 and the cocoa plant things will grow on there as well.
I'm fine either way, although I don't have anything to do on swagger except go around punching people with my fist until the map wipes.
Back to top Go down
Childflayer
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

ShaunDepro wrote:
In my opinion the point of the reset was to clean out the map, but also do introduce new features. Emeralds, Jungle Dungeons, etc, people will complain so it's better to do it properly, and not rush it out next week.

I'm all packed up, 4 people carrying items, most of my base mined down (letting in a few intruders Wink ), yet I don't mind waiting another month. People are just being impatient.

I do believe you are correct, although Laser ought to clear it up for us. If I remember correctly the reset was not FOR the 1.3 patch, it was just a convienient time to do it. The reason for the reset was all the duped crap.

Edit: I hadn't thought about it until someone mentioned it, but I do agree that we are going to get very few new players until the reset is done. If I was new to a server and found out there was a reset scheduled soon, I would most likely just find a different one to play on.

I said this in my post, but from some of the responses, I am led to believe people didn't read it. I would like to point out that when the 1.3 update comes out, we will still be able to update the server and get the new features/functions. The only things we won't get from it will be the new structures that randomly appear and the emerald ore. As mentioned already, all that will get x-ray'd out or blown up within a week.

Apologies for the verbose response, but I really don't see any advantage to waiting. It's not that I'm not patient, very much to the contrary. I simply see that further delay in the reset will do little aside from decreasing our new player base and serving to aggravate people who have been preparing for it.

Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 am

I am pretty sure the reasons for the map reset are outlined in the website post about it. Basically:

• Lessen the amount of duped items in circulation
  • The current map is ravaged and abused
  • Changes to how you can obtain obsidian possibly left new players at a disadvantage
  • 1.3 was a convenient time due to new terrain generation and structures
  • A map reset also presents a convenient time for potentially major changes like the archery cap, faction member cap, etc
Back to top Go down
Childflayer
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 am

LaserLag wrote:
I am pretty sure the reasons for the map reset are outlined in the website post about it. Basically:

• Lessen the amount of duped items in circulation
  • The current map is ravaged and abused
  • Changes to how you can obtain obsidian possibly left new players at a disadvantage
  • 1.3 was a convenient time due to new terrain generation and structures
  • A map reset also presents a convenient time for potentially major changes like the archery cap, faction member cap, etc

Are you changing the map dimensions at all or is it going to stay the same size as the current one?
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 am

Childflayer wrote:

Are you changing the map dimensions at all or is it going to stay the same size as the current one?

The map dimensions will stay the same, yes.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 am

You all are talking about the new map features like they're the important aspects of the new patch..

They're not. The emerald ore is going to be unbelievably rare even in mountain biomes.. Most of it is going to be X-rayed out within the first week.

Jungle temples and other structures.. Again, Within the first week to month.. they're going to be either claimed, or demolished for parts.. (seen a stronghold recently?) Not to mention if Laser wanted to meet it in the middle.. He could cut the worldborder down to 2k, and then in 1 month open it back up to 4k.. (or 5k).. Because of the way the world is generated there would be a little bit of map weirdness, but when the new parts of the map were generated (the additional 2 - 3k) the new structures would be on them.. (So long as the mechanics haven't changed since I last read up on it)

Also, Emeralds would be available via trading with villagers, and actually that appears to be the best way to get them. (Although, Laser would have to resume selling villager eggs... or perhaps respawn them every now and again.. due to griefers killing them just to deprive others..)

Also, Think about these..

Q. How many players who are packed for the restart are going to want to unpack for a month and then repack before the actual date of the restart..
A. Not many.

Q. What are those players going to be doing during their spare time between now and next restart?
A. Playing other servers, or other games, etc.

Q. If said players aren't playing on Swaggercraft and instead are playing on other servers... How long is it until they decide that they were tired of Swaggercraft because of <Insert random flaw here> and decide that they don't want to lose their month's worth of work on Server B?

A. Undetermined

I believe the final question is, Are you prepared to lose players regardless of which decision you make?

If you restart now, You'll lose out on players who think the terrain changes are worth it. If you restart later, You'll lose out on players who are miffed that they had to wait an entire month to unpack, or to unpack and repack a month later..
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:40 am

serin1 wrote:
Not to mention if Laser wanted to meet it in the middle.. He could cut the worldborder down to 2k, and then in 1 month open it back up to 4k.. (or 5k).. Because of the way the world is generated there would be a little bit of map weirdness, but when the new parts of the map were generated (the additional 2 - 3k) the new structures would be on them.. (So long as the mechanics haven't changed since I last read up on it)
That's actually a very good idea, I'm up for that. The only down side is that some factions would want to start building out farer straight away, but that would only be less then 5% of the server.

Edit: If it's to jaggered then Laser could go over the edges with a smooth brush using worldedit, but that might take a while. Razz
Back to top Go down
Childflayer
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 am

serin1 wrote:
He could cut the worldborder down to 2k, and then in 1 month open it back up to 4k.. (or 5k).. Because of the way the world is generated there would be a little bit of map weirdness, but when the new parts of the map were generated (the additional 2 - 3k) the new structures would be on them.. (So long as the mechanics haven't changed since I last read up on it)

Hmm, that's actually a pretty good idea.
Back to top Go down
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am

I have the best idea
Screw the *Update*
Make new map now i wouldnt care about a little pyramid or temple or emerald ore.
Who wants a temple... Seriously like its just pussy -.-
Same with a pyramid all it is, is a sand thing with tnt on the bottom.
You guys should step back and realise it is just a game of pixels.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Map reset   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 pm

lucasmetcalfe wrote:
I have the best idea
Screw the *Update*
Make new map now i wouldnt care about a little pyramid or temple or emerald ore.
Who wants a temple... Seriously like its just pussy -.-
Same with a pyramid all it is, is a sand thing with tnt on the bottom.
You guys should step back and realise it is just a game of pixels.

Yea we want a new map. The new features will just destroyed within a week and people will just xray to get the new ore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?   1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.3 pushed back to August 1st. Do you want the map reset now? Or wait for 1.3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next