SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

/f powerboost For Donors?

Go down 
+13
Textus
Runeeddy31
abcdefgih9
UNDEADbladeMC
huntfirerun08
pogdoo
aSharkk
samsizzle
GetKnifed808
jokaly
ShaunDepro
adamg355
LaserLag
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would adding a faction powerboost for donors be a good idea?
Yes, in intervals of 1
/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_lcap42%/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
Yes, in intervals of 2
/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_lcap42%/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
No, this is too overpowered
/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_lcap16%/f powerboost For Donors? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

/f powerboost For Donors? Empty
PostSubject: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm

The Factions update includes a new feature: /f powerboost. This allows me to boost a certain player or faction's power up by a set amount. For example, if I boost your power by 5, you will have a max power of 15, instead of 10.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about adding a powerboost as a donation perk.

There are 3 options:

1. Adding them in intervals of 1 to the ranks: 1 extra for Iron, 2 for Gold, 3 for Diamond, 4 for Swag, 5 for Epic.

2. Adding them in intervals 2 to the ranks: 2 extra for Iron, 4 for Gold, 6 for Diamond, 8 for Swag, 10 for Epic.

3. Or not adding it because it would make donors too overpowered from a raiding standpoint.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/LaserLag
adamg355
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Well i dont like the idea due to the fact that i am not a donator so i dont like that
the donators get a lot while we dont even have /warp /spawn /tpa /tpahere
but i guess it would be pretty sweet if when i became a donator.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 pm

You can't just hate the idea because your not a donator Neutral

I think it's a good idea but a faction with a ton of donators would be seriously overpowered, but with a bit of adjusting it could fit in without being too overpowered.

Hopefully I can get Swag soon Smile
Back to top Go down
jokaly
Gold

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 pm

i love this idea but faction power gets lowered by 2 every death so u should do the 2 iron 4 gold 6 diamond etc etc.... but also i wanted to know this will it be possable to goto -16?(im diamond)

Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 pm

jokaly wrote:
i love this idea but faction power gets lowered by 2 every death so u should do the 2 iron 4 gold 6 diamond etc etc.... but also i wanted to know this will it be possable to goto -16?(im diamond)

It boosts your max power so it won't.
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Laser when will this be activated it seems that most people want it and the 1 intervel seems the most popular. can this be done soon b y any chance.
Back to top Go down
GetKnifed808
Gold

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm

adamg355 wrote:
Well i dont like the idea due to the fact that i am not a donator so i dont like that
the donators get a lot while we dont even have /warp /spawn /tpa /tpahere
but i guess it would be pretty sweet if when i became a donator.

if you were a donator you would think completely different so walk in our shoes
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 am

Lol I will leave the poll up for a few more days, possibly a week. If it does happen, it's gonna be a real B doing this command for current donors XD.
Back to top Go down
samsizzle
Iron
samsizzle

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 pm

I like this idea a lot, especially in intervals of two, this way you can basically have a two man army with the same capabilities as a large amount of players, but without all the management and such. Sounds friggin epic to me.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Everytime I check the poll it's higher but they're always a draw Laughing
Back to top Go down
aSharkk
Scrub
aSharkk

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 pm

samsizzle wrote:
I like this idea a lot, especially in intervals of two, this way you can basically have a two man army with the same capabilities as a large amount of players, but without all the management and such. Sounds friggin epic to me.

I think that that might be the very reason why its considered over powered... either way, the "No, this is too overpowered" and the "Yes, in intervals of 1" should be combined when put against the intervals of 2...

Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 am

It sounds like an amazing plugin that would help me to rape some people's however eventhough it would be extremely beneficial to me i think you might need to change your ideas on how many people get and the intervals because it might be too overpowered because its going to be 1 hit kills if the player is using skull splitter at the same time surely? However it could be a really good idea. Also your going to get practically every donor or is going to be soon saying its a good idea and everyone who isnt saying its not...
Back to top Go down
huntfirerun08
Scrub
huntfirerun08

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 am

I voted yes probably because i' a donor (swag). But thinking about this in other ways it could be a little overpowered. i have 2 people with swag in my faction (I and theamazinmcp).with another 3 people so a 5 person faction would have 66 power that's almost 20 more than we should have while other faction struggle just to make their power meet their land. And donors already leave most people behind in the dust as it is (my opinion i'm not saying i'm right). So i guess in power ups of 1 is still pretty fair. Member's player would still think its op though. think of a faction with more than just 2 donors maybe even 5 or 6 donors, now that would be op. if one faction wanted to dominate the server forever without any allies all we would have to do is have every donor on the server go in one faction (scary i know).but that wont happen because there's a lot of bickering among us. I dare someone to actually try that...
Why cant we be friends
why cant we be friends
black white and mexicans
screw all those dumb asians
No i'm just kidding i'm sian so i wouldn't like to hear this song anyway...
-huntfirerun08
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:34 am

I agree that it will probably be extremely op because we have alot of donors in our faction... and hunt in the past i have said that i wanted to see if its possible to do a faction with every donor in it... The only problem would be, who would the owner be? Razz I would happily be the owner but something tells me some people wouldnt want me to be Sad
Back to top Go down
aSharkk
Scrub
aSharkk

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 am

huntfirerun08 wrote:
if one faction wanted to dominate the server forever without any allies all we would have to do is have every donor on the server go in one faction (scary i know).but that wont happen because there's a lot of bickering among us. I dare someone to actually try that...

Shock has already dominated with no allies and few donators to the point where there is little enjoyment of further playing Sad

pogdoo wrote:
it might be too overpowered because its going to be 1 hit kills if the player is using skull splitter at the same time surely?

I don't think you truly understand what is being discussed here..

Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am

Shark i understand whats being discussed. but there are ways of making hits even more powerful without the /f powerboost, but im not even going to bother explaining because i really cant be bothered.
Back to top Go down
aSharkk
Scrub
aSharkk

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 am

pogdoo wrote:
Shark i understand whats being discussed. but there are ways of making hits even more powerful without the /f powerboost, but im not even going to bother explaining because i really cant be bothered.

... what is being discussed is your power level in regards to claiming land. Hitting has absolutely nothing to do with it...
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 am

yup i take back what i said then... i took the overpower thing as an attack overpower -.-
Back to top Go down
UNDEADbladeMC
Scrub
UNDEADbladeMC

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 am

I'm liking the idea of +2 means its actually possible to play without any others in your faction Cool

Last edited by UNDEADbladeMC on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar or "Grammer" as Dragok_tom likes to call it:))
Back to top Go down
huntfirerun08
Scrub
huntfirerun08

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:51 am

First off i just noticed that i'm a "scrub" then even if shock dominates the server i meant faction with all donors of the server just not a few. and i still cant tell if i like shock or decimation better. but on the other hand shock are fellow bronies...
/) (\ brohoof
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 am

Shock > Decimation. The majority (if not all) of Decimation are hackers, even Nike got banned recently for a massive amount of nocheat fails. There is barely any evidence of Shock hacking through and they own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abcdefgih9
Scrub

PostSubject: Grreat Idea   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Hey im iron and I think that this would be awesome for the server in intervals of 2, cause like Jokaly said, when you die you lose 2 so that would be perfect. The people who say its overpowered are the ones who dont donate usually and i do have to admit that it will give the donaters much more of an advantage, but it would be a great way to get more to donate and it would add more fun to the server.
Back to top Go down
Runeeddy31
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 am

I kinda don't like it even though I'm a donor myself(epic) because it would make raiding much much harder and longer because if you kill them, they could easily bring their power back up, especially for factions that have like 3 epic donors
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

I think this would be a good idea if you made it so people spawn at their /f home when they die.
Back to top Go down
LaserLag
Admin
LaserLag

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Textus wrote:
I think this would be a good idea if you made it so people spawn at their /f home when they die.

This will never happen. The main reason is because if another faction gets in your base and kills you, you're done. You'll get spawn killed over and over. Lose all your power and lose your base. There is nothing wrong with the current system of spawning at spawn. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: /f powerboost For Donors?   /f powerboost For Donors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/f powerboost For Donors?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next