SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

The possibility of more Guides?

Go down 
+5
Linden
Mash_Tactics
pandabear135
TrevIzSick
MISTERbobPLOODY
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

The possibility of more Guides? Empty
PostSubject: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:41 am

I know this has been discussed already, but I'm looking for a definite answer. Would it be possible for SwaggerCraft to have more Guides after the update?
Back to top Go down
TrevIzSick
Gold
TrevIzSick

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

NO MOAR GUIDES DEY SUX
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:06 pm

TrevIzSick wrote:
NO MOAR GUIDES DEY SUX

Thanks Trev, love you too
I don't really understand why everyone is getting so crazy over being a Guide. Like Mash said, I am only a Guide due to the fact that my faction already has 2 moderators in it, and Laser knew I really wanted to help out the server. Honeslty, Guides are great for answering questions but moderators are really what the server needs. Apply for Moderator, don't spend your time trying to become a Guide.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

I play on SwaggerCraft because it's fun, it's as simple ast that. Now to me, being a mod while beneficial to the server, would take away the very reason why I play. it takes away the fun. What with having to always record one's every single move, having people complain, having people insult you, the list goes on.
Now as a Guide I get to still enjoy playing the game AND help out. Too many new players have been turned away because the regular players don't even try to help them out by answering their questions when the new players ask them. I want to ensure that the new players stay and I just like helping out.
I remember when I was a new player on the server, it ws frustrating when I had a question and nobody answered with a response that didn't contain an insult. I want to ensure that new players enjoy the server enough to come back.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:35 am

Question:

What can you do as a guide, that you can't do as a normal player?
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:55 am

It's not really about what powers you acquire as a Guide, it's what some new players think and how they react to other players vs. the assigned staff on the server.

I've seen some regulars try and actually answer the new player's questions, but a couple of times the new players have either thought that A. The regular was trolling them or B. They were lying to them.

The Guide tag shows them that you have to answer their questions truthfully because it's your job.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 am

If you have a donator rank, they also believe you because they think you're different.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:29 am

The awe factor of a donator rank doesn't work on every new player.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 am

New players don't know what rank is what, that's the point they listen just because it's different.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that for some new players it definitely awes sone of them . It's just for some, they look past the rank, no matter what rank it is, and they see you as a normal player [member] just like them.
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

MISTERbobPLOODY wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that for some new players it definitely awes sone of them . It's just for some, they look past the rank, no matter what rank it is, and they see you as a normal player [member] just like them.
Not me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Textus wrote:

Not me Very Happy

Because your name makes you look like God. Or as you would say, Satan.

Also I support the idea of more guides and having Mister as one.
Back to top Go down
Thex_xPope
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:18 am

This is mister's subtle way of asking to be a guide, when in doubt create a slightly misleading thread on the forums. I too support the idea of more guides and would like to throw in Aus10's name for canidacy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 am

aus10 I cant take you seriously with that profile pic YOU LOOK LIKE A WEED HEAD! CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
awesomesauce2222
Scrub
awesomesauce2222

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:57 pm

dragok_tom wrote:
aus10 I cant take you seriously with that profile pic YOU LOOK LIKE A WEED HEAD! CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! hahhahahahahahahaha bom geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The possibility of more Guides?   The possibility of more Guides? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The possibility of more Guides?
Page 1 of 1