SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Map Reset Poll

Go down 
+8
lucasmetcalfe
rocketeer55
ShaunDepro
pandabear135
Textus
Zootable
Fire_unknown
serin1
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What should Laser Allow people to bring across the reset?
Just their Inventories
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap5%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Just their Money
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap0%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Just their Mcmmo Skills
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap11%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Their Inventories and money
 0% [ 0 ]
Their Inventories and Mcmmo skills
 0% [ 0 ]
Their Money and Mcmmo skills
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap11%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Their Inventories, Money, and Mcmmo skills
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap58%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
Nothing, I want a blank slate.
Map Reset Poll I_vote_lcap15%Map Reset Poll I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Other: Explain in the thread.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

*PLEASE READ* The Poll Is not asking for you to put in what Laserlag said, I'm asking for your Opinion on how you would prefer it..

I kind of wanted to get a general gauge for how many people felt like me..

With the map reset looming.. Am I the only one who feels like everyone's inventory should be cleared?

I mean, We're already keeping money.. (and you can buy TONS of shit in the shop + people have no real outlet for money other than buying shit in the shop) we're already keeping Mcmmo skills (and you can farm TONS of shit in a short period of time), Do we really need to let everyone have a FULL inventory of crap transfer over as well?

I know I've been hearing about Evolve and their Alt-army transferring over all their valuables.. and I know I've heard fruity say on multiple occasions "I'm buying 2 alts" in response to how do you feel about the reset.. and I know that I've seen at least a couple people asking in the forums if there was some way to prevent it..

So, I figured I'd ask.. How many people are in favor of not allowing people to bring inventories over as well? and how many want to have everyone starting out with full obby bases and god armor because they can just transfer it over from the last map to this new one..

I've put all the options up there because I'm curious as to how people feel about the whole thing..

also, Some of the Other: options = like.. Wiping inventories, but getting up to 1,000,000 dollars worth of money for your stuff, so people can't bring sets of god armor and god picks/swords with them..

*edit: Added text up top because we have some real geniuses in the audience..

Last edited by serin1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Mcmmo   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:16 pm

People most likely will not bring god armor unless they have some alt or they are wearing it. They most likely bring a inv of their diamond blocks and stuff. Plus there will be a limit on the amount of obby being tranfered so there will be less obby bases.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
People most likely will not bring god armor unless they have some alt or they are wearing it. They most likely bring a inv of their diamond blocks and stuff. Plus there will be a limit on the amount of obby being tranfered so there will be less obby bases.

Each player will be able to bring 36 stacks of obby.. if they have 1M dollars in game money they will be able to buy 3 1/2 stacks of diamond blocks at 500 per diamond..

If you take, for example, Fruity.. he's buying 2 alts.. that boosts his capacity to 108 things.. AKA: 2 double chests of obby, and still enough to buy 3 1/2 stacks of diamond blocks..

and.. http://www.swaggercraft.com/2012/06/map-reset-information.html

Under here.. It doesn't say anything about limiting the amount of obsidian transferred over..

Now, If fruity has 2 alts, AKA 3 players and can bring 108 STACKS of obsidian with him.. If Evolve has 6 players total bringing stuff.. that means that they can have 216 stacks of obsidian.. aka 4 Double Chests.. If they devote all 6 to obsidian.. This also means instead of bringing obsidian they could bring Diamond blocks.. and have 4 Double chests of diamond blocks.. and 6 sets of god armor..
Back to top Go down
Zootable
Gold
Zootable

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Laserla said players can only take whats in their inventory, money amd mcMMO skills.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Zootable wrote:
Laserla said players can only take whats in their inventory, money amd mcMMO skills.

Thank you for not reading the post, and posting exactly wha-- KOALA BEARS EAT EUCALYPTUS LEAVES --t I mentioned in the post earlier..

Captain Obvious, Your powers of observation astound me!
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:54 pm

If Laser was to do this again then it would be hell for him. Not going to mention the amount of people crying but last time he did this, he had to give people their donated diamonds, tnt, etc, MANUALLY! If he went and did this again Im sure it would be crazy. Also if he was to do this and not give people back their stuff they donated for that would increase the amount of whiners and make a lot of people quit. Letting people keep their inventories is just easier on Lasers part. Even though it will make the start of the new map reset really unfair. Sorry if I have any spelling errors or anything like that but I am tired like ship.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Textus wrote:
If Laser was to do this again then it would be hell for him. Not going to mention the amount of people crying but last time he did this, he had to give people their donated diamonds, tnt, etc, MANUALLY! If he went and did this again Im sure it would be crazy. Also if he was to do this and not give people back their stuff they donated for that would increase the amount of whiners and make a lot of people quit. Letting people keep their inventories is just easier on Lasers part. Even though it will make the start of the new map reset really unfair. Sorry if I have any spelling errors or anything like that but I am tired like ship.

I can how it'd be terrible for laser if he had to reimburse Everyone's stuff.. and I'd probably go so far as to say anyone who donated in the past month should probably get their stuff reimbursed.. but there comes a certain time when.. "WAHHH WAHH I donated for diamonds 2 1/2 years ago, and you need to give them to me again" just isn't feasable..

Also, btw, i don't see any spelling errors, and your response actually brings up valid points..
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 pm

I voted for nothing. Despite the fact that I have almost a double chest of diamond blocks in my faction, I wish we would do a full restart. I would love to see people have to mine for diamonds and supplies for once.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Good point, you could of donated months ago and lost all of it from a raid.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm not really seeing any unfairness in here... If we get the stuff legitly, then why would it matter if we can bring it to the new map? Everyone has the same amount of space; if your faction has less players, that's your fault, not lasers fault. And I can kinda see how using alts would be unfair, but they're so easy to get -_-
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

rocketeer55 wrote:
I'm not really seeing any unfairness in here... If we get the stuff legitly, then why would it matter if we can bring it to the new map? Everyone has the same amount of space; if your faction has less players, that's your fault, not lasers fault. And I can kinda see how using alts would be unfair, but they're so easy to get -_-

I don't think anyone is intentionally saying it's unfair.. I think it's more that the point of the reset is to get rid of duped items and yet by allowing people to drag their stuff with them it's going to mean that instead of 100% of the duped stuff getting wiped only say.. 90% of it gets wiped. (being generous).. Also, people are hoping for an easier time raiding people, (less obsidian) but people are going to be able to drag enough of that to make a little obsidian box to house their infinite chicken farms etc.. and make raiding the "big guys" impossible again.

So, Effectively for factions with a lot of alts, it makes it a minor inconvenience followed by a new map where they can x-ray more diamonds, and for factions that have few people, it makes it pretty much the same old stuff =p

I mean, I guess the end result of what I'm attempting to say is..

When I heard the term map reset, I envisioned everyone starting out from scratch, with maybe their mcmmo skills and money intact.. I didn't expect everyone to float comfortably through the reset with enough stuff to build a small fortress that's immediately un-raidable.

I mean, don't get me wrong.. I'm not going to sit around and not bring boatloads of obsidian + dblocks etc through the reset.. but, I will say it's a little counter-intuitive to "reset the map to get rid of duped crap" but let the dupers carry over their duped stuff =p
Back to top Go down
lucasmetcalfe
Gold
lucasmetcalfe

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:35 am

Serin you sad act it's a game. Even though i may be in one of the 'Richest' factions, does not mean i duped, does not mean i donated for everything and does not mean i xrayed. No I did something called WORKING, I search about 1000 blocks of the map each day, I find the base's and raid them. I also mine the obsidian it's something what takes time on the game but I do it. Your just bitching because you haven't worked as much as most of the people, like your post on mcmmo people work for the grinding skillls and building the grinder's, its not a half an hour job. Also if people want to donate for mcmmo it means they have WORKED irl for the money to buy it, by the post's I have read from you, I'm guessing your a 8 year old cunt who plays minecraft in the woods. Well guess what it's a game people earn there shit it's not our fault you faction is crap.
-Lucas
#SerinFag
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 am

lucasmetcalfe wrote:
Serin you sad act it's a game. Even though i may be in one of the 'Richest' factions, does not mean i duped, does not mean i donated for everything and does not mean i xrayed. No I did something called WORKING, I search about 1000 blocks of the map each day, I find the base's and raid them. I also mine the obsidian it's something what takes time on the game but I do it. Your just bitching because you haven't worked as much as most of the people, like your post on mcmmo people work for the grinding skillls and building the grinder's, its not a half an hour job. Also if people want to donate for mcmmo it means they have WORKED irl for the money to buy it, by the post's I have read from you, I'm guessing your a 8 year old cunt who plays minecraft in the woods. Well guess what it's a game people earn there shit it's not our fault you faction is crap.
-Lucas
#SerinFag

To be honest, I don't really care what you have to say, Any and all respect I had for you (btw thanks for showing me where to improve my base) was lost when I logged the nodus channel and found out that's how you and hubert were breaking in.. setting home my ass.. But.. that being said, I'm not going to sink so low as to attack you personally. I'll admit, I did a little searching on you and I have a pretty good idea about who lies behind all the insults, vulgar language, and racism against people from pakistan..
Back to top Go down
Childflayer
Scrub

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 pm

My vote is for wiping inventories and money, as well as the map. If you allow any carry over, people who duped will just load down with stacks of diamond blocks and sell them after the reset. If you still have your MCMMO skills, it wouldn't take long to get things going again. I understand that a lot of work was put into peoples' items and bases, and they've gotten plenty of time to use them. I can really see much to complain about, we all want a fair server (at least the people who matter) and there is really no other way to make sure that all the duped crap gets destroyed. As for money, the same issue, all that duped crap they sold before would be carried over as money, which could just be used to buy loads of shit after the reset and again unbalance things. If you really work as hard as you say, you should have no objections to this. Without loads of duped obby there will be a lot more that you can raid, and I understand that to be the point of this server.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Childflayer wrote:
My vote is for wiping inventories and money, as well as the map. If you allow any carry over, people who duped will just load down with stacks of diamond blocks and sell them after the reset. If you still have your MCMMO skills, it wouldn't take long to get things going again. I understand that a lot of work was put into peoples' items and bases, and they've gotten plenty of time to use them. I can really see much to complain about, we all want a fair server (at least the people who matter) and there is really no other way to make sure that all the duped crap gets destroyed. As for money, the same issue, all that duped crap they sold before would be carried over as money, which could just be used to buy loads of shit after the reset and again unbalance things. If you really work as hard as you say, you should have no objections to this. Without loads of duped obby there will be a lot more that you can raid, and I understand that to be the point of this server.

Finally somoene with some sense. afro
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Then keep money and mcmmo, to stop inventories being converted to money disable main shop items such as diamonds, obsidian, sponge etc.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 am

I'd etiher want to keep everything (except the map, of course) or wipe everything. Even mcmmo. I know a lot of people got a lot of levels when that mcmmo glitch happened... But yet this past month Evolve has been working it's butts off mining obsidian and grinding levels. It sure would be fun though to go diamond mining again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Map reset   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 am

Well if inv and money where reset than i would like for laser to allow for lava flow for like 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
Childflayer wrote:

Everyone seems to be complaining about how duped things were brought into this. First of all, some people actually got their shit legitally. Evolve has 4 1/2 double chests of obby and counting for the map reset because they are doing something that not alot of other people are...WORKING for for the map reset. They are not just sitting on their asses complaining about how they cant transfer anything. Well, heres my advice START FUCKING WORKING. I'm tired of these whiners like you just come in and complain all day without doing shit. Do something first and then i show somewhat of sympathy for you. Also, the reason why they have an "Alt-army" is because they have something that you most of you guys don't. Trust. They can trust people while most of you cant. Actually give a new player a chance maybe? That is what they do. They take in new players they don't know and guess what they um..GET TO KNOW THEM. I mean god damn. First serin you complain about mcmmo, now this. FUCKING TRAIN AND GET SOME WORK DONE. God i really hate fucking low-life's like you. Lastly, the reason I brought up evolve for most of it, is because most of them aren't actually hackers. Most factions have 2 HUGE hackers. And i must ask serin how a so called non-hacker knows exactly where to go to catch the hackers -_-. Wonderful.

-Niner256

P.S- I aint even mad bro.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Map reset   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Im working hard for the map reset but EMG is messing me up. He keeps killing me when im trying to take down my obby spawn base.
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Niner256 wrote:
pandabear135 wrote:
Childflayer wrote:

Everyone seems to be complaining about how duped things were brought into this. First of all, some people actually got their shit legitally. Evolve has 4 1/2 double chests of obby and counting for the map reset because they are doing something that not alot of other people are...WORKING for for the map reset. They are not just sitting on their asses complaining about how they cant transfer anything. Well, heres my advice START FUCKING WORKING. I'm tired of these whiners like you just come in and complain all day without doing shit. Do something first and then i show somewhat of sympathy for you. Also, the reason why they have an "Alt-army" is because they have something that you most of you guys don't. Trust. They can trust people while most of you cant. Actually give a new player a chance maybe? That is what they do. They take in new players they don't know and guess what they um..GET TO KNOW THEM. I mean god damn. First serin you complain about mcmmo, now this. FUCKING TRAIN AND GET SOME WORK DONE. God i really hate fucking low-life's like you. Lastly, the reason I brought up evolve for most of it, is because most of them aren't actually hackers. Most factions have 2 HUGE hackers. And i must ask serin how a so called non-hacker knows exactly where to go to catch the hackers -_-. Wonderful.

-Niner256

P.S- I aint even mad bro.

I wasn't complaining about mcmmo.. I was making a statement and a case FOR keeping mcmmo uncapped.. with exception to Archery.

Not to mention.. Uh.. Before you talk, please.. look me up.. My mcmmo power is 4263 as of this second, What's yours out of curiousity? OH! LOOK AT THAT 3321.. GO DO SOME FUCKING WORK FUCKTARD LOLOLOLOL! Oh.. one more thing.. How long have I been playing here? uh.. a month at the very most? And how long have you been playing here? and my power level is higher than yours.. how quaint.. (btw, I didn't donate at all for my skills.. They're *ALL* legit..)

Now that that's over.. Let me explain a few things..

Laserlag is doing a map reset.. This is clear

Laserlag Is resetting the map with the intent of getting rid of the duped items.. This was stated.

Laserlag is allowing people to keep money.. Money could've been gained by selling duped items.. Not all money was duped, but the most EFFECTIVE way to get rid of all the duped money = wiping all money, even the legit money so everyone starts with a blank slate.. The Least EFFECTIVE method is to allow people to keep their money over the reset.. Either way, both options are more fair to the dupers.. On one hand they get to keep their ill-gotten millions, and on the other hand they get to stand on the same playing field as everyone else and they lose stuff they shouldn't have had anyway..

Laserlag is allowing people to keep inventories.. Even after restricting the sale of items that were most likely duped.. Not all items were duped.. I understand this.. But again.. The most EFFECTIVE way to rid the entire map of the duped items is to wipe ALL inventories.. So that None of the duped items survive.. The Less EFFECTIVE method is allowing people to transfer over their inventories.. (Note: Less, not least, least would be allowing unlimited V-chests) Because the people who duped, (If they have alt accounts, or buy alt accounts) will Keep their ill-gotten goods, and carry them over to the next map with them.. Again, I understand that not everyone duped items, or had duped items.. But again, it's more fair to the dupers to allow them to carry over their shit. Because they're *DEVALUING* everyone else's work, by carrying over things that they got for free.. Get it? All that HARD WORK you're Lauding is being DEVALUED by PEOPLE WHO DUPED carrying over their FREE shit. That, again, is

EVERYTHING YOU'RE CARRYING OVER THAT YOU WORKED HARD FOR IS WORTH LESS DUE TO OTHER PEOPLE BRINGING OVER STUFF THAT THEY DIDN'T WORK FOR AT ALL.

That is what I'm Speaking out against.

Lastly.. How does someone who doesn't hack know so much about how to catch people using "hacks"? I've been using the internet since the early 90s (were you born yet?) And.. I was using the internet when IRC was one of the hottest things on the internet.. Not to mention.. In the many years that I've been using the net.. I learned how to Search for things.. Such as "How to catch someone using nodus" and "how to catch nodus users" and after reading through people's suggestions.. I figured out that nodus was integrated with IRC.. After searching for "Nodus IRC server" and finding This post on the forums.. It wasn't too hard to put 2 and 2 together, and rely on people's Genuine stupidity to fall into the nodus irc log.

The flaw in your logic comes from the old phrase "Takes one to know one" but uh.. Most Cops don't smoke crack.. but some how they can pick a crackhead out of a crowd and catch them.. They Look at what crackheads do, how they behave, and what their general patterns are.. and deduce from there how to pick them out of a crowd.. That's what I did, Computer savvy individual, Knows enough about software to figure out how it works without using it, figured out a counter-attack based on innate flaws in the program.

P.S. Reading Comprehension, Motherfucker, Do you practice it?
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:11 pm

"Quack Quack" -Duck
Map Reset Poll Duckps
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Textus wrote:
"Quack Quack" -Duck

http://quackslikeaduckbutisnotaduck.tumblr.com/

What sound does someone who supports duping make again? =p
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:27 pm

serin1 wrote:
Textus wrote:
"Quack Quack" -Duck

Supports? lol
"Pika Pika" -Supporter of duping
Back to top Go down
serin1
Iron

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Textus wrote:
serin1 wrote:
Textus wrote:
"Quack Quack" -Duck

Supports? lol

Let's see,
Textus wrote:
Yes, I knew Sonic was duping. But at that moment of time knowing that someone was duping wasn't illegal. I did try to get him to tell me how it was done but he didn't.
http://forum.swaggercraft.com/t683-stop-locking-topics-sheesh

"I'm covering my ass and attempting to get off the hook by being cordial, and I'm trying to justify what I did through a technicality".. btw, was a mighty nice half-chest of pig eggs in your base before laser got ahold of them =p

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map Reset Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Reset Poll   Map Reset Poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Reset Poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next