SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Claimed land... how does that work!?!

Go down 
+2
pandabear135
sherrycherry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sherrycherry
Scrub

Claimed land... how does that work!?!  Empty
PostSubject: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:42 am

So in my understanding when you have a faction with positive power and you claim a piece of land.

1. That land is protected in that other people can't perma destroy any blocks (without them respawning) you built within the claimed land.

2. even dynamite does not void this.

So I literally built a double walled block base on my claimed land perimeter and I come on this morning with my faction and power still in tact might I add, and there is huge holes blown in the walls exposing my base to the wilderness.

I am rather confused now, so perhaps one of you lovely fellows will be kind enough to tell me wtf happened?
I mean yeah I understand the blocks take a while to revert if protected and people could ender pearl in, but in my case why did this not happen? I double checked and the blocks destroyed were on my claimed and protected land.

I am confuzzled. Suspect

Thanks for the enlightening!
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:47 am

This is a very confusing subject, hopefully I can clear it up a little for you.
Basically, you were correct in saying people can't build and destroy in your claimed land. However, tnt can still destroy in your faction, regardless whether it is claimed or not. On this server, people use things called tnt cannons, in which they build a tnt cannon on unclaimed land near your faction, then fire tnt at your base. They blow up your base, then come in and steal your stuff Razz

The soulution to this is 1 of 2 ways
1. Make your base out of obsideon
2. Surround your base with water, so tnt can't blow it up.

If you have enough supplies, I reccomend choice 1. However choice 2 works also, but it may cause you some lag once your in your base.
Hope this helped, and if you have anymore questions comment here. Smile
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:24 am

What people misunderstand is that you cannot edit blocks directly within other territories, except it is still possible to edit them non-directly. Some examples, you are able to use switches, beds, minecarts etc, water can flow into the land, and TNT can be propelled into a base using the infamous TNT cannon.

Hope that helped.

A few ways to patch TNT:

1. Wrap your base in water, TNT damage is greaty reduced in water so it won't be able to damage your wall blocks.
2. Create your base out of obsidian.
3. Don't 'shortcut' corners if you have an obsidian base, TNT damages blocks diagonally adjacent to it.
4. I might add that Endstone can be exploded with TNT, but it has to be close as it has good resistance - and it can be moved with pistons. Halfslabs to do to and TNT is slightly reduced in lava; very slightly.
Back to top Go down
sherrycherry
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:43 am

Wow that was a great explanation from the both of you! cheers

I understand perfectly. Thank you for the informative assistance in clarifying it for me rather than trolling or something.

Good on ya! Thanks for your time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:19 pm

sherrycherry wrote:

I understand perfectly. Thank you for the informative assistance in clarifying it for me rather than trolling or something.

Your welcome Smile
Also, don't speak so soon about the trolling. As soon as 8ball see's this thread the trolling will begin Razz

Glad you found it helpful
-Panda sunny
Back to top Go down
Textus
Gold
Textus

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:00 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
sherrycherry wrote:

Your welcome Smile
Also, don't speak so soon about the trolling. As soon as 8ball see's this thread the trolling will begin Razz

-Panda sunny
-And Tex
Back to top Go down
8_B_A_L_L
Gold
8_B_A_L_L

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:25 pm

I smell Panda.
Back to top Go down
http://goatse.info
sherrycherry
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
sherrycherry wrote:

Your welcome Smile

-Panda sunny

No worries, I have al the info I needed Very Happy

Let the trolling begin clown
Back to top Go down
Zootable
Gold
Zootable

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:34 am

Trolling is bad for u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claimed land... how does that work!?!    Claimed land... how does that work!?!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claimed land... how does that work!?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SwaggerCraft :: General-
Jump to: