SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

just a thourght

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 pm

what do you guys think about the mcmmo skills. what i mean by this is do you think it's good or not to be abled to pay for leavels in my opinion i think it just give people the chance to be lazzy and sort of make it unfair. i think you should be aloud to buy skills but after you have donated for a rank or something like that.

p.s sorry if there any spelling slip ups i type quite fast and dont prof read

p.p.s please leave coments

Last edited by dragok_tom on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samsizzle
Iron
samsizzle

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

I made a thread about this, I agree with you. It seems completely unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

I'm guessing your being specific to pvp? So combat skills? Because somebody who donates for mining or excavation or something like that doesn't really effect you? Donating for levels gets alot of money for the server but I think the best way would be to get laser to lower the amount he will raise combat stats to? Because he also said he might try and put a level cap onto it, and I have to say if he's doing it at 500 like he said then he needs to lower the amount he will raise it to anyway...

Laser if your reading this then I would like to say if your putting a cap onto it then the levels need to be something like 750-800 cap that way there is still an extra bit for people who really try with there levels...

Sorry if any of this didn't make sense or is spelled wrong it's not easy typing on a phone where you can't see everything that your writing....
Back to top Go down
vongriva
Gold
vongriva

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:44 am

All in favor say AYE

Back to top Go down

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

pog i mean all skills because if you donate like 100 pounds/euros for like mining then its not going to be fair on the people that have got there mining at like 100 by working hard i just think that you should have to do something to be abled to donate say like get you skills to a certan lavel then you can donate for more
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:24 pm

I worked my mining levels all the way up to 600 legit before I did any sort of donation... In my opinion I have done my part in levelling legit before I donate. I have levelled all my stats before I donated.

However I do like the idea of a minimum level before you can donate for levels....
Back to top Go down

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 pm

yeah so do i but then it might leave people in anger beacuse they have tot work for it although it would be fair.
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Well whats the problem with having to work a little? All i did for my mining was when i was bored, i dug the biggest hole that I could be bothered with...

And for combat skills, just take a few trips to the nether... its not that hard :/
Back to top Go down
whiskeasy
Scrub
whiskeasy

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Running a server costs a lot of money, so if people want to donate (and get special perks in return) I have no problem with that. I'd rather have a bunch of people running around with high skill levels having fun than no server at all. Donating for skills is just an option, too, people can donate for other things.

Besides, it's a lot more fun and interesting if the players aren't evenly matched. I see it as a sort of challenge. You know the saying. If you can't beat them, wait until they're offline and raid their base! haha
Back to top Go down
http://mutilated.tumblr.com
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

Hey folks,

If Laser were giving people some type of combat advantage that could not be obtained otherwise (like some /fireball command or what-have-you) this may be a valid point. As it is, every combat related ability that donors get can be obtained by someone else with some hard work.

You guys know ( - it was questioned quite a lot - ) that I have not donated. That said, I 100% support the idea of anyone doing so. Running a server takes big cash guys - look at some of the costs associated with it. Laser / Mash ran this out of their pockets a while and now that donations are coming in they are able to afford better servers, more slots, etc.

Unless something gives a truly unfair advantage - I say let people donate.

(If you havent yet, why not toss a few bucks at Laser anyway? You dont need that chili-cheesedog you were going to eat and it may pay help foot the bill for a server not as affected by ddos).
Back to top Go down

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 am

wisky and shep i am not sugesting to get rid of it i just think that you should have to work a little harder to be abled to donate for the skills that way you can say you worked hard for it and it makes it fairer also it makes new people not want to play as they will be fighting people with much higher levels so that they can never win aganist them. also i am not attacking the idea of it i am just suming up the pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 am

I dont exactly know where i stand in this argument... because i dont like it when people come onto the server and donate there way to the top after not even trying to do anything however i do want the server to keep running. However i have already said to laser if they are ever needing money for the server then just to ask me Razz The one thing that i really dont like is this donated armor, anyone who has paid for that is almost invincible since they will probably have 500 in all combat stats as well :/

Especially when some of them hack, not mentioning any names.... *cough* lootho *cough*
Back to top Go down

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:13 pm

thats my point pog i just think there should be some way of donating for skills but you have to work for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just a thourght  Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thourght    just a thourght  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just a thourght
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SwaggerCraft :: General-
Jump to: