SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

The New /TPA for all.

Go down 
+2
naruto85
Niner256
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

The New /TPA for all. Empty
PostSubject: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:25 pm

I honestly think it was a great idea for the server and new players for a better experience for the new players, but for the old timers that actually had to pay for TPA for 30$ Is kinda gay.

I mean come on, more homes..Really? I think that was really stupid and now the dumb 30 sec cooldown to somewhat make it look like it did okay. It absolutely ain't.

All I ask is to something more than just give us 2 more homes.
Like for Example, Swag gets /kit iron which gives them iron tools and iron armor along with some food.
For Epic, Make them have /kit diamond where they have all that but except in diamond.
For Dark Blue epic, Inherit the Light blue epic traits, but have like 2 instant heals and stuff and only allow them to use it every 2-3 days or so.

No offence, but the server is getting IMO a little to much attention to the newer players. Everything seems to be made towards them, when you got old times like me who have been here since 1.8.1, feeling kind of shit because all we had to do for TPA is wait a little longer.

Thanks for your time,
-Niner
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 pm

It's all so true... server is just going to the newbies with no benefits whatsoever to the old-time players.

Oh, and 30 seconds isn't anything, really. I was thinking 30-60 minutes, but whatever. pig
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Niner256 wrote:
I honestly think it was a great idea for the server and new players for a better experience for the new players, but for the old timers that actually had to pay for TPA for 30$ Is kinda gay.

I mean come on, more homes..Really? I think that was really stupid and now the dumb 30 sec cooldown to somewhat make it look like it did okay. It absolutely ain't.

Like for Example, Swag gets /kit iron which gives them iron tools and iron armor along with some food.
For Epic, Make them have /kit diamond where they have all that but except in diamond.
For Dark Blue epic, Inherit the Light blue epic traits, but have like 2 instant heals and stuff and only allow them to use it every 2-3 days or so.

No offence, but the server is getting IMO a little to much attention to the newer players. Everything seems to be made towards them, when you got old times like me who have been here since 1.8.1, feeling kind of shit because all we had to do for TPA is wait a little longer.

Thanks for your time,
-Niner

Them ALOT of the donators will get even more diamond armor.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:41 pm

The only good thing we've given to newer players in recent months are /spawn and /tpa.

There is a perfectly valid reason for both.

Picture yourself as a newer player. You step onto our server, and immediately notice that /spawn, /tpa, etc isn't available. But then you think... wait a minute, didn't I just see a Factions server a few minutes ago that DID allow me to do those things for free? Gee whilikers, I think I'll go back and play on that server.

We want to retain players, not scare them away with a bunch of rules and regulations. Not to mention the fact that Swag still get more homes than every other player, no 30 second warmup on TPA, and the small fortune in items.

The current Swag donators got what they paid for. What do you want us to do, go back in time and give you a heads up? This was never in the game plan half a year ago, Niner. It's something that was thought up recently.

This is the give and take of paying money for things, as you'll quickly learn. Oh, look at that new game that came out! Well, it's 60 dollars now, but it'll probably go down in price after it's been out awhile. I guess I have to decide then. Do I want the benefits of early access for a large pricetag, or do I just wait it out?

Things change. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
Niner256 wrote:

Thanks for your time,
-Niner

Them ALOT of the donators will get even more diamond armor.
Which is good....Because it makes up for the god damn tpaing. Liker i said maybe 2-3 days. Not Like every fucking hour.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:43 pm

naruto85 wrote:
It's all so true... server is just going to the newbies with no benefits whatsoever to the old-time players.

Oh, and 30 seconds isn't anything, really. I was thinking 30-60 minutes, but whatever. pig

You don't understand how the tpa warmup works. At all.

It's not a cooldown. It means that the member who uses /tpa has to sit there for thirty seconds before the request is sent to whoever they want to tpa to.

Why would we want them to wait a god damn hour to tpa to somebody?
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
naruto85 wrote:

It's not a cooldown. It means that the member who uses /tpa has to sit there for thirty seconds before the request is sent to whoever they want to tpa to.

Just realized that, but taking 30 minutes between tpa's would be better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

naruto85 wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
naruto85 wrote:

Just realized that, but taking 30 minutes between tpa's would be better.

I don't disagree, but this is how Laser wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Niner256
Gold
Niner256

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
The only good thing we've given to newer players in recent months are /spawn and /tpa.

Picture yourself as a newer player. You step onto our server, and immediately notice that /spawn, /tpa, etc isn't available. But then you think... wait a minute, didn't I just see a Factions server a few minutes ago that DID allow me to do those things for free? Gee whilikers, I think I'll go back and play on that server.

We want to retain players, not scare them away with a bunch of rules and regulations. Not to mention the fact that Swag still get more homes than every other player, no 30 second warmup on TPA, and the small fortune in items.

The current Swag donators got what they paid for. What do you want us to do, go back in time and give you a heads up? This was never in the game plan half a year ago, Niner. It's something that was thought up recently.

This is the give and take of paying money for things, as you'll quickly learn. Oh, look at that new game that came out! Well, it's 60 dollars now, but it'll probably go down in price after it's been out awhile. I guess I have to decide then. Do I want the benefits of early access for a large pricetag, or do I just wait it out?

Oh, So were to suppose to like having 2 more homes? If you didn't know, Those newbies actually have 4 homes basically. They have /spawn, /home, /home bed and /f home. Sure Us Epic and swag maybe have 7 or 9 homes, but they have 4 and haven't donated a single penny, not to mention they have /tpa which is like another home.

I think my /kit idea would become a valid solution and if not then, give something a little more to the donators already. We help the server out and keep it up and while at it have some cool benefits. But it just seems every couple months new players just keep getting more donator commands. Hell by the time we know it, they will have /warp diamond, /warp gold, /warp eastgate, etc.

I'm just asking to give a little more to the players that have been with you for so long, and have RECRUITED yes RECRUITED people to your server saying how awesome it is.

Please if you will take into consideration of a little more than 2 more homes.

Thanks,
-Niner
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Niner256 wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:

Oh, So were to suppose to like having 2 more homes? If you didn't know, Those newbies actually have 4 homes basically. They have /spawn, /home, /home bed and /f home. Sure Us Epic and swag maybe have 7 or 9 homes, but they have 4 and haven't donated a single penny, not to mention they have /tpa which is like another home.

I think my /kit idea would become a valid solution and if not then, give something a little more to the donators already. We help the server out and keep it up and while at it have some cool benefits. But it just seems every couple months new players just keep getting more donator commands. Hell by the time we know it, they will have /warp diamond, /warp gold, /warp eastgate, etc.

I'm just asking to give a little more to the players that have been with you for so long, and have RECRUITED yes RECRUITED people to your server saying how awesome it is.

Please if you will take into consideration of a little more than 2 more homes.

Thanks,
-Niner

Niner, you don't understand.

There is nothing else to give.

We want to keep the server at least kinda fair to the people who don't donate. This isn't a freaking business. As of now, Donators get huge amounts of items, mcmmo levels out the ass, no restrictions on tpa... hell, you can even donate for god items.

You got what you paid for. End of story.

Short of us handing out godmode, there's not much else to give, anyways. Dixon had an idea for /f powerboost, but that would give an enormous advantage to donators. We don't want donators to rule the server, Niner.

And hell, they already dominate the non-donators.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Maybe [Epic] can get /ncp when it's released? It doesn't do much, but some might like it.

I've been on this server since 2 maps ago. I am completely fine with what is going on right now. I know what I donated for, and I didn't just donate to be better than other people. I like that I got a bonus, and I like how more new players will join. More players = more people to raid. I don't see how someone can argue with that.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 pm

This is sort of relevant to the other thread, but mainly what people are angry with is as follows:

I'll have to put in effort to maintain the enormous fortune I have stashed away in my base.

Oh no. I'm so sorry that we're not the United Federal Bank of America. Yes, you have to maintain your base and faction now.

People were complaining about how bored they were with Swagger. Well, there you go. Now you have lots and lots to do.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
This is sort of relevant to the other thread, but mainly what people are angry with is as follows:

I'll have to put in effort to maintain the enormous fortune I have stashed away in my base.

Oh no. I'm so sorry that we're not the United Federal Bank of America. Yes, you have to maintain your base and faction now.

People were complaining about how bored they were with Swagger. Well, there you go. Now you have lots and lots to do. Unknown is the best

But how will new players build their base when it can be easily tnted?
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:

People were complaining about how bored they were with Swagger. Well, there you go. Now you have lots and lots to do. Unknown is the best

The same way they've been building their easily-tntable bases since the beginning of Swaggercraft.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
Fire_unknown wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:

The same way they've been building their easily-tntable bases since the beginning of Swaggercraft. Unknown is amazing

But it can't be covered in water anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Underground, hidden, or in the sky. There are ways. They need to try. Trying is necessary now. Go try it. Yes, try trying. You'll be amazed.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:
Fire_unknown wrote:
Mash_Tactics wrote:

The same way they've been building their easily-tntable bases since the beginning of Swaggercraft. Unknown is amazing

But it can't be covered in water anymore Sad

Well, think about it this way. Do you think someone is going to waste 2-3 stacks of tnt on a minor faction? Probably not.

That being said, most underground bases are going to be safe until they have the resources to make an obby base.
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:55 am

There is a reason why it's called a donation.

The items and commands you receive with your donation are extras, it is not a purchase

I'm pretty sure Laser has the right to whatever he likes with commands for other players.

It's like arguing that you got ripped off because the shirt you bought a week ago went down to half the price.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:57 am

ShaunDepro wrote:

It's like arguing that you got ripped off because the shirt you bought a week ago went down to half the price.

Really, it'd be more like the shirt you bought four months ago went down to half price.
Back to top Go down
rocketeer55
Diamond

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 am

ShaunDepro wrote:
I'm pretty sure Laser has the right to whatever he likes with commands for other players.

Of course he has the right to, it's just whether or not he wants to... Which I'm not sure he's really for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New /TPA for all.   The New /TPA for all. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New /TPA for all.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SwaggerCraft :: Other :: Feedback-
Jump to: