SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways

Go down 
5 posters

How would we like TNT giveaways to occur?
Random Arena-Giveaway (pop the Shepherd pinyata to earn tnt in the arena)
Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_lcap25%Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Random Chest - Public Land - real + 4 fake locations posted to forum
Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_lcap0%Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Random Chest - Public Land - no location but images.
Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_lcap50%Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Random Chest - Private Land - Lots of tnt but have to break in.
Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_lcap25%Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Trick-or-Treat lottery - Chance for obsidian, tnt, or a tempban.
 0% [ 0 ]
Nether Run - Get to location in nether and get chest (blaze spawner, lava lake, etc)
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways Empty
PostSubject: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 am

Hey folks,

You guys know - by now - that I love little more than putting TNT into the hands of people who will use it for the betterment of the server (read as "Will go own some bluebie noobs").

Even though I resigned as mod (too little time), I will still be doing this.

Was hoping for some feedback about some giveaways. I will continue to randomly announce an arena giveaway for - say - 2-5 stacks tnt and hop in for some carnage. BBuuttt... I am looking for other ways.

So - here is what I have. Anyone want to comment and or suggest other interesting ways to get tnt into the hands of the proles?

- Arena Giveaway: Jump into arena with lots of tnt / obsidian and watch as people pop the pinyata and try to get out alive.

- Place it in a chest (unprotected land) and post (to the forums) the location of the chest (as well as 4-5 fake locations) and let the first person to get there / guess right get it?

- Place it in the chest and make a unique visible building at it. Do not post the location but post an image of it. Wait for someone to find it. This would be, mainly, for extremely large giveaways (5-10 stacks tnt).

- With cooperation of an admin (if they are open for it): Trick of Treat Lottery. Create a thread to give away tnt: Posting in the thread with your minecraft user enters you in it - you have -say- a 10% chance to get a stack of tnt, an 80% chance to get a stack of obsidian, and a - say- 20% chance of being tempbanned for 3 days. Shadenfreude is a great thing.

- Post / Announce the location of a chest with 5-10 stacks tnt. The chest would be on protected land and whoever wanted it would need to tnt-cannon their way in (or get around certain traps / etc). It would not be super difficult to getin but it should be time consuming. The interesting part of this is that the first part of earning is to notice the post. Second, you would need to get to the location quickly. Third - you would need to get the tnt (cannon in) before another team got there and ganked you so you may need to have a team standing by to protect.

- Nether Run: Post location of a chest with TNT in the nether - this may be next to, say, a blaze spawner or in the middle of a lava lake. You will need to get there - alive - and then get the item.

- Some other idea you have?
Back to top Go down
pogdoo
Gold
pogdoo

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 am

Shepherd that sounds like a great idea but don't you think the temp bam is a bit to long? Surely a day would be bad enough?

I like all the ideas but don't know which one to vote for :/
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 am

It is just a thought for those who want to play a lottery. If It was just a day, it could be done without a thought if you wernt playing tomorrow anyway. Could always up the benefit to make up for it I guess. Again, this is just a thought...
Back to top Go down
UNDEADbladeMC
Scrub
UNDEADbladeMC

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Great idea but would definately lower temp ban
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm

I like the idea of having images Smile
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Also - using the "book worm" plugin via laser's post, could add a treasure map that led the way to some small amount of tnt - like a full chest or so.

Probably have to make the 'map locations' plots - obsidian protected - that dispensed a map when a pressure plate is stepped on - once every ___ time (clock time).

If I was a sadist, could instead make the chest a dispenser that dispensed tnt as long as a plate was stepped on - with a delay built in that meant draining it took an hour. Would be interesting to see what would happen if two teams got to it in the same few minutes.

I am feeling the need to give away a large amount of tnt. I think BugBears is up to 4 double chests of tnt so they probably wouldnt miss it if I.. took one...
Back to top Go down
ShepherdBook
Gold
ShepherdBook

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 am

Hey folks - had a good time tonight.

Two TNT Giveaways in arena:

GiveAway 1 - 10 Stacks of TNT
GiveAway 2 - 36 Stacks of Sulphur

Smile

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
jokaly
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:26 pm

ShepherdBook wrote:

Smile

Enjoy!

i won the 36 stacks of sulpher (shaun won it and also i got only 25 stacks)
Back to top Go down
ShaunDepro
Swag
ShaunDepro

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I won 25 stacks of sulphur jokaly. I don't know who got the other 11 stacks.
Back to top Go down
jokaly
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:36 am

jokaly wrote:
ShepherdBook wrote:

Smile

Enjoy!

i won the 36 stacks of sulpher (shaun won it and also i got only 25 stacks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways   Off-Topic:  TNT Giveaways I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: TNT Giveaways
Page 1 of 1