SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

/f desc? Why?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kilinkrevenge925
Scrub
kilinkrevenge925

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I say everyone can use /f desc again, not just donors, if it makes you happy, a faction needs to have been around for at least 48 hours.
Making it only available to donors was a dick move.
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Hey,

I'm sorry that this function isn't avalible to all members. I agree that it is unfair. However, we do have a reason behind it.

Every once and a while, a spam bot will come and attack the server. 10 or 20 accounts will start spamming something, but the great thing is that their name is right in front of the mods so it's really easy to ban someone. However, when 20 bots start using /f desc <some long message> and spam that, moderators have a REALLY hard time banning the users. By the time we use /f show <name> and see their name the screen is so spammed that the info we need is out of sight, and having to /f show 20 times and /ban in between each one of those is really difficult.

Sorry, but unless another option comes to stop spam attacks I don't see this changing in the future.

Back to top Go down
Toxicity33
Scrub
Toxicity33

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:29 pm

What if you just request a f desc and have laser change it for you?
Back to top Go down
pandabear135
Gold
pandabear135

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am

That would be way to much work for Laser. He would have to be on a ton to do that. He is busy enough as it is Razz
Back to top Go down
codydragon
Scrub
codydragon

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Just have it cost in game money to change the description.
Back to top Go down
kilinkrevenge925
Scrub
kilinkrevenge925

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm

pandabear135 wrote:
Hey,

I'm sorry that this function isn't avalible to all members. I agree that it is unfair. However, we do have a reason behind it.

Every once and a while, a spam bot will come and attack the server. 10 or 20 accounts will start spamming something, but the great thing is that their name is right in front of the mods so it's really easy to ban someone. However, when 20 bots start using /f desc <some long message> and spam that, moderators have a REALLY hard time banning the users. By the time we use /f show <name> and see their name the screen is so spammed that the info we need is out of sight, and having to /f show 20 times and /ban in between each one of those is really difficult.

Sorry, but unless another option comes to stop spam attacks I don't see this changing in the future.

And that's exactly why I say to make a faction have to be 48 hours old before the desc can be changed.
And I just remembered that you can't change the name either, I see some of the logic in banning /f desc but why ban changing the name?
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm

kilinkrevenge925 wrote:
pandabear135 wrote:
Hey,

And that's exactly why I say to make a faction have to be 48 hours old before the desc can be changed.
And I just remembered that you can't change the name either, I see some of the logic in banning /f desc but why ban changing the name?

Spammers or bots use /f tag to also spam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

/f desc? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: /f desc? Why?   /f desc? Why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/f desc? Why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SwaggerCraft :: General-
Jump to: