SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?

Go down 
+2
Fire_unknown
Mash_Tactics
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? Empty
PostSubject: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 pm

This is something I've been talking to Laser about this on and off, mostly because people have had one major concern with the server:

It's impossible to raid anyone legitimately.

I feel your pain, guys. However, there are two causes to this problem. The causes are;

A: Too much obsidian, and
B: Water curtains.

The only solution to problem A is to take away all Obsidian. Obviously, this is a temporary fix. People will donate for more, and they'll mine more. Not to mention that it's not really fair to our donators.

Problem B we can possibly fix... by making water no longer stop TNT explosions and damage. This would mean that if you wanted to make a base unraidable, you want need to have obsidian. At least around the chests themselves.

I want to know your thoughts on this, guys. If we can find a configuration setting to change, we may be able to add this as a feature.

Pros to doing this:

-More raiding to be done.
-Less all-around bitching about game-breaking changes like an /f home spawn.
-No more ugly water curtains

Cons to doing this:

-Factions with less resources will be more open to raiding.
-Unless you plan on coating it in obsidian, that pretty grinder of yours is very, very exposed.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind that we may or may not due this regardless of the general opinion on it. I just want to hear your side of the story.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Mash_Tactics wrote:
This is something I've been talking to Laser about this on and off, mostly because people have had one major concern with the server:

It's impossible to raid anyone legitimately.

I feel your pain, guys. However, there are two causes to this problem. The causes are;

A: Too much obsidian, and
B: Water curtains.

The only solution to problem A is to take away all Obsidian. Obviously, this is a temporary fix. People will donate for more, and they'll mine more. Not to mention that it's not really fair to our donators.

Problem B we can possibly fix... by making water no longer stop TNT explosions and damage. This would mean that if you wanted to make a base unraidable, you want need to have obsidian. At least around the chests themselves.

I want to know your thoughts on this, guys. If we can find a configuration setting to change, we may be able to add this as a feature.

Pros to doing this:

-More raiding to be done.
-Less all-around bitching about game-breaking changes like an /f home spawn.
-No more ugly water curtains

Cons to doing this:

-Factions with less resources will be more open to raiding.
-Unless you plan on coating it in obsidian, that pretty grinder of yours is very, very exposed.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind that we may or may not due this regardless of the general opinion on it. I just want to hear your side of the story.

I like the idea but that means i need ALOT of obby to cover mine grinder.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm fine with this.
A problem might be with the new players. They can't afford obsidian, so the only thing they could rely on would be the water curtain. I think you might lose a couple players due to them giving up after being raided constantly because they weren't able to afford obsidian
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Yeah, my only concern is with the newer players.

I really wish there were a way to deal with obsidian, since that's the real issue... but there really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Mash_Tactics
Admin
Mash_Tactics

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 pm

But, this is a give and take either way. If you want more raiding to happen, someone has to get raided. In this case, it unfortunately has to be the newer guys.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:50 pm

It's either make it easier for the new players or satisfy the older ones. Either way you're going to get crap from one of them. Lol
Back to top Go down
Toxicity33
Scrub
Toxicity33

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:58 pm

I know how to blow up stuff covered in water Very Happy

It is possible.

Keep water shields.
Back to top Go down
Fire_unknown
Diamond
Fire_unknown

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Toxicity33 wrote:
I know how to blow up stuff covered in water Very Happy

It is possible.

Keep water shields.

Nope if it's a land claimed away.
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 am

I've helped design multiple cannons made for tnting through water. Water doesn't necessarily mean safe, so removing it's protectiveness wouldn't do much good. I really hope you don't make water "nerfed" so to say, because then nooble factions would be destroyed before they can get a mini base set up to gather obsidian.

Perhaps sharing a design or to could stop this?

Another thing that could change this is... a drastic decision.

It's called obsidian breaker. The name explains itself. With a set amount of tnt shots, obsidian is destroyed. It's a HUGE game changer, and I do not recommend it. It will change swagger too much. It won't be swagger. So don't.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 am

Learn to shoot through water noobs, look it up ;3
Back to top Go down
Aus10IsANoob
Gold
Aus10IsANoob

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Linden wrote:
Learn to shoot through water noobs, look it up ;3
Linden! That's secret WEED and Evolve intel! NOW THEY KNOW >:I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?   Disabling water as a TNT deterrent? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disabling water as a TNT deterrent?
Page 1 of 1