SwaggerCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums have moved to http://swaggercraft.com/forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please visit the new forums at http://www.swaggercraft.com/forum
Main Website
Server IP
server.swaggercraft.com
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 264 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am
Affiliates

"The Server's Getting Worse."

Go down 
+11
bluefireEnigmatic
EMG_81
Toxicity33
johnjohn213
Fire_unknown
ShaunDepro
Linden
IronWingz
Aus10IsANoob
Textus
Mash_Tactics
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

"The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:59 pm

1. If someone is permanently banned, they were obviously banned multiple times after being given multiple chances, this shows that person obviously won't stop hacking/whatever. With that being said, who's to say they won't resort to hacking on their new alt?

2. Being banned is a punishment, ban evading takes away the whole point of the punishment. You were punished for a reason, now you get to live with that punishment.
Back to top Go down
skelly
Gold
skelly

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Biionic wrote:
MISTERbobPLOODY wrote:

Why bother banning then?

If banning them results in them changing their behavior, that's the point of banning. I don't -personally- care if people "ban evade" but act nicer, don't hack, etc. Because they have made a change in what they were doing wrong/bad.

As for DDoSing, it sucks there is members on Swagger that do this. It does, and I've been DDoSed before, too. Best way to avoid it is really make a new skype account, only add your besties, and change your IP. Sounds stupid, but hey, it works. I'm pretty sure how someone gets your IP is just by knowing your skype username, and it doesn't matter if their (The perpetrator's) skype is blocked or not. I don't know a whole lot of how this works, but it worked for us. /Shrug.

-EDIT-
My post is so choppy, good luck reading it. /Too lazy to proofread everything.

When Boats first started as Iseefire he was extremely nice and didn't hack, and we had our suspicions that he was Boats but since we didn't have any proof and he was acting so different no one really cared, to be completely honest.

For the longest time everyone defended him, kept him hidden, and pretty much covered his ass for him because he was acting different. When he started going back to his old habits by being an asshole, hacking, and fucking everyone over that was when people actually started to care.

That's what Linden and Bee are getting at. If they aren't hacking, if they're following the general rules (obviously they aren't following the ban evading rule) then there's not much we can do about it.

When it comes down to Boats, I don't mind him personally. But it is stressful knowing he's on the server and having everyone screaming SO AND SO IS BOOOOAAATS, BAN THEM then having Boats admit it in skype and just be like "Whelp, what do I do now since we can't ban on anything but in game proof."

And hi Kobe, I see you there in Who is Online. >:[ FOUNDS U.
Back to top Go down
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah, I see Kobe on too, Tiger_Spem.
Back to top Go down
MISTERbobPLOODY
Diamond
MISTERbobPLOODY

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Exactly, he went back to his old ways. He couldn't stop, he'll probably never be able to. That's why players are perma banned, because they're given multiple chances and they blow those chances.

Ban evading also takes away the point of being permanently banned, why perma ban then?
Back to top Go down
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Fire_unknown wrote:

The faction FTW also does it. When they were near my base OUT of no where my internet crashed. What happened next they some how go inside made base which wasn't full height. I know they did something because my internet NEVER crashes for no reason. If i lagged out it probably wasn't their fault but my whole internet?

Internets crash. Don't blame us for DDoSing. (Hell, I didn't even know my faction raided or attempted to raid you.)

If you ever get DDoS'd, log the IP's like I do.

1. Run the command prompt.
2. Enter 'netstat -n' (without the ')
3. Check for any spammed IP's and log 'em.

Then take care of the problem; whether its blocking the IP, port, or, if you have the software, back-firing the DDoS.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
naruto85
Gold
naruto85

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh, and I want to see someone PVP JohnJohn and not get 'Internet Problems'.

Just some days ago, WJR jumps into warzone.

John was watching him, went AFK for a minute, and when he came back WJR was losing connection on skype and in-game.

Then that VERY moment John jumps down and kills WJR.

Repeat 3-4 times with ImKyros.

Also, I once got Textus to log out while I was chasing him. My faction waited for about 10 minutes for him to log back on (he had god stuff on him[as usual]).

Suddenly he logs online, TPA's shit-loads of his allies and MY ENTIRE FACTION has 'Internet Problems' and we all 'log out' in combat.

Seems legit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
Linden
Gold

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah, It's ironic I was pvping, then I said that I loved Sambrears dog and how it had a birthday on valentines day, and my internet went out.
Back to top Go down
EMG_81
Iron

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Linden wrote:
Yeah, It's ironic I was pvping, then I said that I loved Sambrears dog and how it had a birthday on valentines day, and my internet went out.

<3<3<3<3<3<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Server's Getting Worse."   "The Server's Getting Worse." - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Server's Getting Worse."
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2